Chapter 18

VANSH'S  POV

I heard a knock on the door which make me look towards it. I ask the person to come in it was my friend who is coincidentally  my business partner too.

"Hey buddy.... Office hours are  over  an hour ago... Aren't you going home?... It's quite late." He said coming in with a smile.

"I will go after sometime... I have some work here..." I replied assuring him.

"Ok dude... Bye" he bid me bye and left from there.

He told me to go home but which home.... I don't think so I have one. The place where I live I can't call it home....home most peaceful for a person but I don't find any peace there.  I don't want to go there if I go there I have behave like a good husband in front of ma papa. Which I can't do anymore. I can't pretend to be happy when I am not.

I am tired of everything. I am tired of my life. I want to go there, go to her.... I want to take her in arms and love her till eternity... I want to be there with her in this phase of life. I want to fulfill her all the crazy cravings.

I want to be there for my baby... And I wish ....that  the baby was mine... But it's not.... Whenever I want to go near her or wherever I want to love her like before but betrayal stopped me.

How she betrayed me? ..... And how her father betrayed my father? Thinking about all this a lone tear escaped my eyes.

I don't know how much time passed but I was pulled back from my thoughts by my phone's ring.... Looking at the caller ID a small smile came on my lips

"Hello... My boy... Didn't you miss me.... " A cheerful voice greeted me and I very well know whom it belongs to but before I could reply he again said.

"Yeah... I know... I know. You didn't miss me... You are such a workaholic just like your father was..." He said but before he could continue his non-stop talking I stopped him.

"Stop it .... Can you please just calm down.... Take a deep breath and listen." I said with a calm tone.

"Now let me tell you that I was missing you a lot Chachu (younger brother of father)..." I said like a child. He is the only person in this world who knows me in and out.

"I missed you to and the thing I called you for is I am at the airport right now and gonna board my flight to Delhi. I will reach their by tomorrow evening around 5 or 6... So please send someone to pick me up from there.... And don't forget like last time." He said sweetly but warned me at the end.

"Ok... I won't forget this time..." I assured him.

" Hmm... Ok. Bye. I have to hang up." He said and cut the call before I could bid him bye. I shook my head and put my phone on the table.

I know I may sound like a child but I am excited for his return. He is very special for me. He is everything for me.... my friend, my mentor, my guide... He knows
Every secret of mine I never hide anything from him.

POV ENDS

***************************

AVNI'S POV

It's midnight and the clock was screaming 2:00am. But I can't help I tried to sleep. Actually I have been trying from last two hours.

But sleep is faaaaar away from my eyes... No no no... It's not because of Priya... I am not that much worried for her... I mean to say I am worried but not that much.

She is perfectly fine now... She has a minor fracture on her arm that's it.... She was unconscious because of shock but she got her senses back in the evening... And she can go home by the starting of next week.

So she have to stay here till then and as her best friend I decided to stay the night here as I can't let aunty stay  here and fall sick.

It was difficult to make her agree to go home but at last she agreed to go.... And here I am laying on the couch trying to sleep.

I don't know why? but after that call in the evening I am feeling weird like something is not right.

I don't know why?... I was happy talking to Chachu after such a long time but this time he was sounding different like he knows where I am  and why I am here. Maybe  bhai told him about it.

He told me that he is coming tomorrow and I am happy that finally I can meet him but why can't I feel that happiness.

I am feeling restless thinking about all those things Which happened in the last 72 hours.... I get to know bhai got married and that to with my best friend whom I am meeting after so many year.

And I am going to be an aunt.... Oh my god I am so excited to hold my little nephew or niece in my arms. I want to play with them.... I am so excited.....

But I don't think so bhai is. I don't know what is happening between them. But I am sure they hiding something from all of us...  I know there is something.... I can see it in there eyes.

Whenever Myra was talking about her child her eyes have a different shine but when she talked about bhai.... She became sad.... She smiled in front of me but I can see the hurt in her eyes whenever she looked at bhai.

And Bhai's condition wasn't different. I wonder what are their secret.... I want to know the reason of their grief.... I can't see them like this at least at this phase of life when they should be happy and celebrating each day with each other living, this phase of life together and welcome the new life together.... I want see them happy.

And for that I have to go there but I can't until Priya's discharge from here.... I can't leave her like this.

______________________________________