Chapter 10

"Hello... " Said the speaker

"Hello... Dad... How are you? How is mom and everyone?" Asked the person from the other side.

"Oh... Shut up. Don't pretend that you care.... I know that you don't. I just don't want to talk to you." Said the speaker and the father of the person on the other side.

"Dad... What happened why are you saying like that?.... Did I do something wrong?" Asked the son from other side.

"WRONG.... Huh! You are talking about wrong. You got married and you did not feel the need to inform us.... And forget about marriage you didn't even tell us that your wife is pregnant.... "

" Dad... Please listen to me..."

" No... You listen to me... Today we  are coming over there. Send someone at the airport... Got it."

"Ok... Dad..."  He replied irritated. And the line went off.

"Shit man... How did Dad... Get to know about this...." He said and kick the table in front of him.

Myra's POV

I tried to open my eyes but sunlight was making it difficult for me. I slowly open my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I was still  there where I was last night.

I stood up with difficulty and walked towards the bed.

I don't know why he changed so much?... Why did he became like this?

Or was he like this always and I failed to recognise him. I don't know what happened that changed him so much?

Or was it someone who changed him.

I don't know what he want from me?

I don't know why he is trying to harm Raunak.

I don't know and I don't want to know. I just want to get out of this hell. I just want to save my baby from him.

I was thinking all this when my trance was broke with the sound of opening the door and he came in with a plate of food. He place the food on the table and came near me.

"How are you baby?" He said sitting beside me. He cupped my cheek. If it was like before I would have love to be with him. I would have loved his touch but things has changed between us. Now his touch disgust me.

"I hope you that learned your lesson... Right?... You will not interfere in my work anymore and will not try to outsmart me... Right baby?" He said with extra sugary tone.

"And if you try to do.... Then you know what will be the result?..." He said caressing my tummy and I flinched with his touch and pushed his hands away harshly.

"Aww... Baby... Are you scared.... Actually... You should be... You should be afraid of me.... " He said coming close to me

"Do you know why?... " He asked with his one eyebrow raised. And I was only looking at him blankly.

" Because... I am your worst nightmare." He said with a smirk. And I so wanted to wipe this smirk off his face.

"Now come on... Get up eat and get ready. We are having some guests. So get ready and wear something nice... Ok." He said getting up from the bed. He walked towards the door on reaching there he stopped.

"And one more thing you only have half n our to be ready. And remember don't try to show your smartness in front of them." He said without turning back and left from there.

I got up from the bed and went to the table. I sat down on the couch put the plate on my lap and started eating. I don't want to eat this because he bought this  but I have to eat as first thing is this is not right to take out your anger on food and second I can't be selfish. My baby needs food and right now it is my only priority. I have to take care of it no matter whatever happens.

After eating I got up and get ready. Right now I am obeying whatever he said because I don't want him to get angry and harm my child but that doesn't mean I lost the battle... I am just taking few steps back so that I can jump a little bit longer.

I went downstairs and look at him sitting  on the couch and doing something in his phone.

He looked up from his phone and looked at me from head to toe as if examining me.

"Hmm looking good but something is missing.... " He said thinking.

" Got it... Your nuptial chain and vermilion... Where are those things?... Why don't you wear them?" He said greeting his teeth.

"I don't believe in this marriage." I said sternly.

"Oh! Shut up!.... I don't give a f**k to your bloody believe... Just go and put them on and behave like a good wife in front of my guests... And don't you dare create any scene in front of them.

I just kept quiet and came back to my room. I wonder who the guests are that he is so careful about even these small things... From the day we got married he never cared about me or what am doing I till it doesn't harm his evil plans. He never cared if I wear my nuptial chain or put on vermilion because I know even he don't care. Now I am very curious to know who are his "so called guests" whom he is being so possessive.

I chuck all these thoughts and went to the dressing table. I  wear my nuptial chain and put some vermilion on my hair partition.

I gave a last look at my image in the mirror and went out of the room.

I reach downstairs and at the same time the doorbell rang finding no one there I went to open the door.

Before I could open it he came hurriedly and open it. Before I could even react someone pushed him and hugged me.

______________________________________

I am very very sorry for this late update.

I know it is a very lonnnnnnng time I had been updated and I am very sorry for that.

I have some personal problems that is why was not able to update even in this lockdown. And I am again sorry....

And thank for all of you to be this much supportive to my story.

Thank you to everyone who have been patient with me.

And I am sorry for making you all wait.

And I hope you all are healthy and and staying at home with your family. I know this is a very tough time for everyone but I know this phase will pass soon and everything will be ok.

Stay safe.