Chapter 8

In a big room a women was sitting near the window when she heard the door open with a loud bang and a man came in. He came in front of her taking long strides and slapped her across the face. She fell down on the ground and covered her tummy protectively with her hands.

"You did that right?" He asked her angrily clutching her hair. " Aaaaa.... " She winced in pain. "How many times I have to remind you that you can't save them from me...." He said greeting his teeth. He released her hair and again slapped her and she fell on the bed this time with bleeding lips. "What do you think you can win against me with these tricks.... Tck tck tck... You are wrong. This was just trailer. Wait for the real movie." He said and walked towards the door but before leaving he turned and said. "And remember one thing if you again try to go against me I will not think twice before killing this baby." He said pointing towards her womb.

"BUT THIS IS YOURS TOO... Don't you have any feelings for our baby. How could you be so cruel?" She shouted first but said softly at the end having no energy left in her. Hearing this he came towards her and held her chin roughly. "You and this baby are just like my pawns in this game and I won't mind lossing one." He said smirking. And left the room.

She have no control on her tears anymore and started crying. "Don't worry baby I will protect you from everyone." She said caressing her tummy.

*******************

Raunak's POV

I was sitting in my office , checking some files. I was trying to distract myself from thinking about yesterday's events. I was not able to concentrate on anything. I closed the file and got up frustrated and went near the window. I was standing there looking outside when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in..." I said to the person outside and turn around.

My PA came in and handed me a file. I open that file and I was shocked to know the name of the person who saved Divya's name in front of everyone.

"Are you sure that this information is correct." I asked looking at him. "Yes sir I double checked it. I am 100% sure about this." He replied quickly. "Ok... And what about the other person." I asked. "Sir... I am working on that but that person is very smart sir he did not leave any clue behind. But I am trying I will definitely get information about that person too in any cost." He replied determined. "Ok... You may leave." I said and he left.

I sat back on the chair and was doing my work once again but I am not able concentrate on my work so many things happened in last few days, still I tried to do my work but suddenly I started to feel restless. I don't know why? But this it feels like something bad is going to happen. I got up from my chair and went towards the floor to ceiling window again. I looked outside the window, I can see the whole city in front of me, busy streets, skyscrapers. Whenever I am stressed it calms me down. But today even this is not helping. The restless feeling inside me was increasing. I pulled out my phone to call my mother but instead my phone ringed showing Dipti's name I immediately pick up the call.

"Bhai plz come to lifeline hospital immediately. Pa... Papa...." She said crying. Before I can ask her anything the line went off. I tried to call her again but her phone was unreachable. I tried to call the other but their phones were also unreachable. Without wasting anymore time I ran to my cabine, took my car keys and ran towards the parking lot. I got into my car and drove off.

After 15mins I reached the the hospital. I went to the receptionist and asked her about my father. She told me to go to room no. 105.

I went there and saw my family was standing outside the room. I went my mother. She hugged me and started crying. I wrapped my arms around her and tryed to console her. After sometime doctor came out. We all went to him.

"How is he doctor?.... What happened to him." I asked the doctor.

"Don't worry Mr. Khanna. Your father is absolutely fine now. But you should be careful. His blood pressure level was very high. That is the reason why he collapsed like that." He said and give me some prescription. I thanked him. And he left from there.

I looked towards my family and asked them to stay there and I went to the dispensary.

I was coming back from there when I bump into someone. Because of this collision the packets in our hands fell down. I bend down to help her but when I look up I was shocked to see the lady in front of me.

______________________________________

I am sorry guys for the late update. Actually I was busy with something. That's why I was not able to update.
But I will try to update soon from the next time. Sorry once again.