27 - Pills

Jackson's POV

+ not edited

I was going to kill both of them. Gunshots were flying and shit but I knew exactly who tried to kill her. I was impulsive, but I knew I wouldn't regret killing Derek and Chaz.

Kiona didn't have to know, she'd probably be afraid of me and I didn't want that. I left her at home, she was sleeping peacefully anyway and wouldn't dare wake up this early in the morning.

I drove to my warehouse tapping the wheel impatiently. Derek as well as Chaz were in the basement of my warehouse surrounded by my men when I arrive.

"Both of y'all are so fucking lucky right now and I don't think you know. If that bullet would have killed her or even lodged into her, I would've strangled both of y'all to death." I start walking around impatiently.

"That was the goal." Derek spits. "I didn't think it mattered that much, she's just a dirty black nig—" He started but I already had a bullet through his head. I pulled a chair in front of Chaz leaning foward playing with my gun.

"You got somethin' to say too? You said you were gonna cut her huh? You said you were going to cut my girl?" I mutter. I took out my blade running my finger over the tip of it feeling how sharp it was.

"It was an empty threat T-Taylors." He stutters.

"So, if she hadn't shot you in your foot what were you going to do?" I question and he stays silent. I get up pressing the knife against the base of his throat making some blood come out.
"What Chaz?" I press harder against his skin.

"Stab her." He chokes out breathing hard.

"Wanna say that one more time? Say it again, I don't think I heard you correctly." I sigh deeply. He doesn't say anything, he remains silent. It didn't matter by then though, I had already slit his throat and his head dropped over as soon as all the blood started to gush out onto the floor.

"Get this shit outta my sight." I yell at whoever, I wanted it gone and I wanted to be home with Kiona already. My head was pounding furiously and I just wanted some sleep. I didn't sleep at all last night. I stared at the wall, stared at Kiona peacefully sleeping, and stared at her stitches.

I took my shirt off throwing my guns on my night stand. She was sprawled out on the bed moving in her sleep.

"Why are you up this early?" She asks yawning, her eyes still closed. Well shit.

"Handling some business." I mumble sitting on the edge of the bed, filling my guns with bullets.

"At 5 in the morning Jackson?" She asks sternly. "Did you even sleep?"

"Not really but that doesn't matter, how are you feeling?" I ask, now facing her, she frowns looking at my appearance.

"I'm fine, but that doesn't matter. You have blood on you, did you get hurt?" Concern laced her voice. "Did you get into another gun fight?" She asks softly standing up walking over to me.

"No babydoll, I'm fine. Go back to sleep." I shrug her off but she only crosses her arms not taking that as an answer.

"I killed some people." I say giving in. "Two people. For you Kiona." I say laughing dryly. She avoids my gaze playing with her fingers. That's what I didn't want. "You wanted to know." I shrug getting up. She walks out of the room quietly.

Kiona's POV

Jackson is a gang leader. Of course he's killed people and is going to kill more people. Just hearing it aloud made it realer I guess. He killed people for me, and that's all I thought about the rest of the morning.

I went back to sleep in my room but didn't sleep very well. My dreams have always reflected what was going on in life in general. It may not make total sense but I could make sense out of it, at least that's what I thought.

Well, in this one Jackson stood in front of me laughing dryly, similar to how he did in the bedroom.

"If you ever try to put your hands on her again—oh wait," he chuckles. "There won't be a next time." He smirks taking a butchers knife and cutting both of his hands off. God knows I hated blood and that was a shit ton.

"You've made a big mistake Valentino." He mumbles before shooting him in the temple and kicking the chair backwards. I stood behind him dumbfounded,but I smiled.

"See babydoll, the things I would do for you." He says with a smirk playing on his lips. I smiled. I liked it and pulled him down for a kiss. It was like Harley Quinn and Joker.

I didn't want to be scared of him, I really didn't, but when he was gone for the whole day it left me weak. Luca came to check on me periodically which was nice but all he could do was give me a sympathetic smile which I hated. Nonetheless I smiled back, even if it was fake.

I sat on the kitchen stool talking to Liam as he ranted about some girl he used to talk to. It took my mind off of a lot so I didn't mind it.

"And so I was like—" he cuts himself off due to the front door being slammed shut. "Where in the hell have you been?" Liam's attention immediately turns.

"Doesn't matter." Jackson states glancing at me for a second.

"You do know that she got shot." Liam asks.

"I got grazed," I mumble with my head in my hands.

"She got shot and you've been gone the whole damn day. She's your girl right? So fucking check on her," Liam glances at me, shoving Jackson out of his way before walking out of the kitchen. I hear Jackson mumble some curse words under his breath.

"Sorry." He mumbles out and I just look at him. "I thought you'd be quick to run after I said that. You should be scared of me Kiona. What the fuck is wrong with you?" His words get angrier and angrier as he finishes.

"A lot of shit is wrong with me." I chuckle dryly. "I'm not scared of you and I don't know why." I mumble playing with my fingers. I didn't like to talk about my past, it was the past for a reason.

"Why are you talking like that? You never do. What's your real background?" He questions furrowing his eyebrows. His eyes were dark blue-ish black but that soon changed to a light blue. He was concerned.

"It's nothing, really. I just have a past that doesn't allow me to be scared of things or people as I should be," I mumble.

"Do the pills have something to do with it?"

"Kind of. It's for depression and anxiety." Taking those pills become the norm, so I didn't really find it out of the ordinary. He never questioned it til now. He looked in my eyes but I looked away.

"You looked distressed." He states abs I glare at him.

"Yea no shit." I glare at him.

"Sorry for bringing up your past... or any triggering memories. I get that you don't want to tell me now but just know that I care Kiona." He murmurs quietly, it was almost inaudible.

"Yea doesn't seem like it, you've been gone the whole day, but whatever. You'll know soon enough." I mumble limping away.

"I'm sorry, I just need to distract myself." He says and I shrug him off. I didn't push further into it, I was exhausted.

He sighs deeply walking after me. "You're so damn stubborn." He mumbles picking me up and carrying me up the stairs.

I hated those damn crutches.

__________

A/N:

The other half of Jackson :)