Chapter Twenty Two

Angelica's Pov
God every ounce of my body was aching and crying out for rest. For nonstop, for a week I've been pushing my body over the limit. I've been digging through my head every day wondering if one mistake wasn't made, this wouldn't have happened. But everything I've been doing has been made out of love.

So here I laid on the battlefield hanging onto the last breath of air I could, feeling my body was in great fire. All I remember doing was running fast at a speed I didn't even know I had towards Optimus before I was flying through the air, and feeling burns and everything else on my skin.

I slowly held my hands above my eyes in confusion at the burning bright light that was shining all over me.

"What is this? Am I dead?" I spoke out looking my eyes around, feeling the burn on my stomach sting just slightly as I hissed clutching it but I looked up when I heard the heavy clanging of metal footsteps.

"Child here we are seeing you again." I was looking up at the faces of all the dead primes making me wince still to gaze in awe.

"We have been watching you a long, long time. You have fought for Optimus, our last descendant with courage and with sacrifice, the virtues of a leader. A leader worthy of our secret. The Matrix of Leadership is not found, it is earned. Return now to Optimus. Merge the Matrix with his spark. It is, and always has been, your destiny. A love that is no greater than your own." I kept taking steady breaths in watching as they kneel down in front of me.

"Remember the matrix of leadership isn't found it is earned, now go child return to Optimus." The bright shining lights faded from my view and I shot up quickly with a loud gasp looking around coughing away all the dust and dirt from the sand.

I felt a gash was on the side of my head through my curls looking into my grip to see the tank top and dust had turned into something much heavier and thicker.

"Angelica! hey hey look at me are you alright?" Sam demanded cupping my face making me look at him. I was still taking heavy breaths in before I gave Sam a heavy head nod, cracking a faint smile mumbling a small yes before climbing up to my knees holding the matrix close into my grip.

I started climbing up Optimus's dead lifeless body, taking a deep breath once I sat on his chest cavity feeling soldier's eyes on me, even a few of the Autobots as well.

I raised the Matrix up quickly pushing it into his spark with a loud gasp at the burning the trailed through my arms and stomach, watching in awe as Optimus's optics slowly fade back into life the blue shining out, a loud gasp and groan leaving him.

And the heavy feeling in my heart that yet to fade slowly starting to fade as I started crying not realizing how much I've been holding in, watching Optimus slowly sit up his baby blue optics watching me closely.

"Sweet Spark you returned for me." I slowly held my mouth gently still crying speaking weakly.

"Of course I did, you're the love of my life, and my guardian."

__________________________
The heavy in my chest finally was able to come to a small halt. It was like it was never there in the first place. I sat up perched on Optimus's shoulder plate, cradling his faceplate a little. Who would have guessed after all this time I would get over my fear of heights.

Now I just needed to get rid of this seasickness I thought glancing around the large ship. I was truly afraid to let Optimus go, afraid he was gonna slip away yet again. I felt clingy and it was not okay.

"Angelica, Sam." I glanced up briefly from my thoughts watching Optimus glance down at me, briefly nuzzling his almost human-like nose against mine, before glancing at Sam.

"I wanna thank you both for saving my life." He spoke. I cracked a small smile when Sam looked up with a grin.

"You should be thanking Angelica, she never stopped believing one bit, even when everyone was judging her. Telling her to give up. Her belief in saving and loving you, drove her to do the unbelievable." Sam explained to Optimus he glanced towards me.

I grew flustered slightly avoiding eye contact as Optimus spoke to me. "Sweet Spark even though I died protecting you, you must know I would do it again in a heartbeat if it meant saving you all over again, I love you." He told still keeping my grip on his shoulder plate.

I pressed a small kiss to his faceplate with a shy smile. "I love you too, and thank you for believing in me," I mumbled nuzzling his faceplate yet again, gazing out into the sea ocean waves.

So maybe I was a little weird falling in love with a giant alien robot. Maybe I was even more strange for having a spark connection with him.

All I knew was I was a strange girl, I liked myself the way I was. And maybe just maybe the future had been more with me in store, with saving the world and all with the leader of the Autobots. We just have to wait and see.