37

"huh..?" Visha pondered out loud when she took a look by the dark sides to see nobody there.

Visha glanced around the darkness, trying to adjust her eyes before turning around when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"What are you doing? Come on, they're waiting for us, remember? We can't miss out on the reunion dinner!" Koenig said as he pointed over the cab with their other associates.

"I thought I heard someone..." Visha mumbled once more as she took one last glance at the darkness before following suit with Koenig.

"Where are we eating?" Grantz asked as he took his seat beside Koenig and Neumann.

"The fancy one of course! Especially the popular one here!" Weiss said while shutting the car door when he took his seat in the back seat beside Neumann.

The car began to move with the driver nodding over the request the four men asked for behind the car.

The moonlight was a beauty the night of the gala. Even though they left an hour early from the party still up and going. It was really going to an all-night party for the soldiers actually.

Weiss and Koenig's laughter filled the cab every few minutes.

The cab taking it's time to make turns in each road it passed by.

Then Koenig bought up the topic of what to order in the restaurant.

"This is sort of just like the war zone don't you think?" Grantz's laughed.

Visha liked that thought of eating together with her long time not seen associates from the war, even though their meals together were mostly food from the war which were mostly hard to eat, knowing it wasn't really going to suit their appetites.

Visha smiled when some memories came in view in her mind while looking out the window.

"It's too bad the captains aren't with us..." Neumann said before letting out a displeased sigh as he rested his chin by a palm.

"Yeah." Visha said after frowning.

Weiss and Grantz exchanged gazes when the topic of their old commanders was brought up.

"Don't worry now. We'll find another time to ask for their free time for a dinner sometime?" Koenig cheered over the two.

Visha smiled when that reassurance was given while staring back out the window to look out over the open stores and some people still up and about.

Then something or more specifically someone caught her eyes to gaze closer. Eyes widened in realization and shock as she yelled over the others to look outside.

Too late now that the cab turned right which didn't give the four men enough time to look at what Visha was pointing out.

"The captains??" Koenig hummed as he tried glance out to look.

He didn't see them since they just passed them by.

Soon they arrived at the restaurant with Weiss going over to ask for their reservation and Koenig left to pay for everyone as he had promised to do so.

"Of course. Right this way please..." The man said as he leads the five to their table.

Sitting down, they were instantly given a menu to check before ordering.

"What are you ordering?" Neumann asked while scanning over the menu.

"Just did." Weiss said.

"There's a lot to choose from, which would you suggest, Weiss?" Grantz asked as he looked up towards Weiss who smirked while gathering which seemed the best to choose for dinner.

Visha's expression was somewhat dull as she glanced around the menu while her mind stayed at the thought of the captains which lingered from the long separation she had with them.

"How about you Visha?" Koenig asked which snapped Visha from her trance.

Visha placed a hand on her chin as she glanced one more time before picking one out.

"Ah...you still have a good taste in picking which are the best." Koenig said after chuckling as he raised a hand to call over their waiter.

A man quickly rushed over them, sweating a bit as he tried to keep his stammering to himself while asking their orders.

"Woah, Woah...calm down." Koenig reassured the man who took a breather for a quick minute.

"I'm so sorry..." The waiter said while wiping a sweat by his forehead.

"I... I just got assigned to very important people which are... I, I'm just a big fan of..!" The waiter stammered as he tried to whisper some parts down.

"Oh? There are important people here right now?" Visha hummed as she glanced behind her while trying not to make it obvious.

"Yes... important guests which can bring the restaurant down if we make a mistake." The waiter addressed the seemingly important people in exaggeration.

"Ah! Right, what is that you wanted to order?" The waiter quickly snapped out of his exaggerated stammering.

The orders were simple and the waiter flinched slightly when he was called over by the important guests.

They were by the window, Tanya had an arm resting by the chair to glance over the assigned waiter, Jian had an arm raised while smiling for the waiter to get its cue with Rayan ready to give out the orders.

The waiter rushed over to them.

The gaze of the five following him, it lead over to the three which they were shocked to see was out of the party.

"Captain Tanya..!?" Visha muttered while gripping a bit on the chair as she stared over her shoulder.

The three didn't seem to notice them as Rayan was having a conversation with the waiter, Tanya adding a few short details on Rayan's words, and Jian just glancing out the window.

"Why are they here..?" Neumann asked as he stared in what you can call disbelief.

"Ah...captain Tanya's straight expression hasn't changed too much, except for her looks." Weiss commented while he fiddled on the white elegant clothing that covered the brown table.

What do you think would they do?

Their old commanders don't notice them being there even though they actually passed by them without realizing it when they just walked inside.