8| Wreak Havoc

CALRASSUS MANOR

Tapping his fingers in a marbled table, Lord Ronin smirks when Aseron moves his black knight. "It seems like they want you in their chasing game, Aseron." He jested.

Aseron just snorted, disregarding Lord Ronin's dubious move of his white queen. "They can't go that far. They can't even make it."

Playing the mortal's abstract strategy game, they find the game amusing about tactical maneuvers and strategic planning. Cozying up at the white pavilion floating in the middle of the lake, they're killing their time waiting for the Lord of Zadral's envoy.

"Who would have thought they'll find their way underground? I didn't expect it, do you?" Lord Ronin moved his white bishop to support his queen's next move.

Aseron thought it made no sense that Lord Ronin would overlook and exclude the ground from possible breach. Perhaps he has more intentions. Knowing him—he might want to see how far those two idiots can amuse him. "Well, sure, they do have some guts but it doesn't change everything. Whatever they do—they're still a pair of nitwits."

Sipping on his tea, Lord Ronin swept his eyes at the lake. It's amusing to see those ladies thriving their way to survive. He's looking forward what else they could do to make his days more entertaining.

"They'll only run in circles. They didn't even know that." Aseron moved his black knight to attack the white queen. He's clearly on edge seeing his king being under attack.

"You can't blame them if they take some risk. It's their way of survival. That's a given instinct of their kind." Lord Ronin chuckles at Aseron's blunder upon his focus defending his king. He's either distracted or still lack of careful assessment. Leaning on his chair, waiting for Aseron to realize about what's going to hit him upon his reckless move.

"Nonsense," Aseron sneered. "They didn't have any idea how reckless they are. Have they known, they probably won't risk their lives—" Aseron was caught off guard when Lord Ronin captured a black pawn with his white queen. "Ahm, that's quite bold."

"Reckless, do you mean?" Removing a pawn off on board, he replaced it with his queen. "Unless you have doubts upon its outcome, don't proceed. If you see it serves your purpose, then why not?" With his sharp knowing eyes, Lord Ronin chuckled when Aseron snorted. Supported by white bishop, he was amused seeing his white queen next to Aseron's black king. "Checkmate."

Aseron went dumb after seeing no more possible ways for his black king to escape. It's cornered, powerless— totally busted by only few moves. He didn't see it coming. He sniggers at his unbeatable match. What else he expects? He can never beat Lord Ronin. "Damn!"

"Want another round?"

"Nah, next time." Sipping on his tea, he's still ruminating over his loss. "This is third time in a row and I still have two nitwits to hunt."

Lord Ronin laughed his heart out causing the wind to swirl around them. "Zadral's envoy has finally arrived." Lord Ronin teased. "Will it take an hour to get those ladies back?"

"Is that an insult?" Aseron grumbled. "It only take a minute to locate those dumbheads."

"Can't you play a bit? It would be fun if you'll let them trudge a little." His eyes gleamed picturing a certain scenario in his head. "I'd like to watch how you chase them."

Getting up from his seat, Aseron stared at the lake. "Playing that game isn't my cup of tea." He walked out as he spat blasphemous words from his foul mouth. He disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"What a spoilsport." Staring a vision at the smooth surface of the lake, it amuses him seeing that silver and violet haired lass. She's carrying her unconscious sister in her back while trudging amidst the bamboo forest.