- SACRED SHRINE -

The Great Shrine

The guild of priest and priestesses along with the servants are gathered together at the sacred cave located in one of the highest peaks in the High Mountains of Calrassus. The sacred cavern has a narrow passage from entrance but it has a spacious chamber inside the mountain.

The cavern was dimly lighted with beaming braziers at every corner of the cave walls, bathing the entire cave a magical golden glow. There are wonderful various formations of stalactites in the ceiling. The mineral formations look like gigantic and elongated forms of frozen dripping water that hanged in the cave ceiling. And at the certain part of the limestone floor, stalagmites are growing like ancient small castles. As the cave goes farther, there are several combined formations of columns that looked like magnificent pillars inside the cavern.

Ahead of the chamber, the sound of the dripping water echoed throughout the cave. The water drips to the shallow pool of spring water. And along the edges, there are hundreds of white candles surrounding the pool. Thus, making the sacred chamber became more solemn and divine.

At the center of the crystal clear shallow pool, a sacred blue flame was blazing eternally. The sacred blaze was mesmerizing and mysterious to everyone's eyes. Its reflection in the shallow water was burning brightly. It was purely divine and a true gift from the heavens; no one knows how the blue fire continually blazes its flame in the middle of the spring water.

Along the line of spectators, the High Priestess leads remarkably with the priestesses stood solemnly behind her. Everyone was watching intently at the chosen lady.

The chosen lady was dancing at the shallow pool that was clad with a pure white robe. She performed an enthralling spirit dance. She ceremoniously approached and danced a circular motion around the sacred flame.

The ritual was solely perpetrated for the act of propitiation. It's the ritual of appeasement to gain the favors of the deities.

The lady was in trance as she dances gracefully. Her eyes were closed as she dances the rhythm at every subtle beat of the drum. Her light steps make the shallow water splash at her ankles. The hem of her white silk robe was being drenched from every splash of the water.

As the beat and her dance intensified, the light of the hundred candles was blown off. The sacred flame blazes more and more as if it synchronizes the lady's every steps and movements. The lady was now in frenzied ecstatic state, her intense moves were convulsive like she's having a seizure.

Then the blue flame gradually wears off, it was replaced by a sacred vapor. It's a sign that the lady was going to receive and convey the divine message from a deity. The lady inhaled the vapor and while dancing in inspirational trance, she began to whisper oracular utterances which only the High Priestess can comprehend and interpret.

As the spirit dance comes to an end, as the oracle was being conveyed, the beat of the drum has ended. That was when the lady dropped unconsciously in the ground, totally drained and exhausted.

When the ritual was finished, everyone silently started to come out from the sacred cave except the High Priestess and the major priestesses.

Once out of the cave, Hanaya heaves out her breath in the chilling air. She had been holding her breath during the ritual. It was very intense.

Among all of the newly servants, she's one of those who was given the chance to serve and enter the sacred cave.

She devoted her life in their camp for the past five years. She underwent hard trainings to reach this far in the rankings of servants.

While stepping down on the frozen terrain, she couldn't help herself to think her next servitude in the sacred shrine. As one of the servants who passed and endured the trainings, they have different responsibilities ahead.