- DEVIOUS PLAN -

An eye for an eye...

I stared at the blade, it was sharp and gleaming. There's no doubt I'd be slice up in half with one sweeping slash. If my life would end up here and be slaughtered in their hands, then so be it, I'll accept it. I'll just have to rile them up and I'm certain I'll be dead in a matter of time.

An eye for an eye?

"What did we do?" I asked hoarsely.

He sneered. "Ah, 'tis whore is nosy!" He irately scratched his ears. He tightened his grip in his sword as he scraped it in the dusty ground.

I heard a low whimper.

It was Eris.

I saw the thug with a black patched eye kicked and stomped Eris at her side. Death doesn't concern me, I'm not afraid of it. But I will never wish to see it from anyone else and definitely not with Eris.

"No—" I uttered when the thug kneeled and slap Eris forcefully— he tried to fully wake her up.

I tried to crawl towards her.

I wanted to protect her.

But these thugs had made it too difficult for me to do it. Someone even hold my feet to make me stuck on the ground.

Their savage horselaughs were roaring on my ears.

"Why does 'tis tramp won't wake up?"

"Is she dead?" The leader asked.

"Lady Kuthri won't like it. She wants to kill 'er with her own hands." Other thug had said.

Is it revenge?

Someone wants Eris being dead.

I saw her being slapped on her face again. She was still unconscious. Her pale face had started to get bruises from the assault. She didn't deserve it. How could someone dare to lay a hand and hurt her? I couldn't take watching her being castigated.

"Stop it!" I shouted as I kicked the other thug who held my feet. But my brave attempt had only cost me with multiple stomps and kick at my back. I can barely breathe after the leader of the thug stopped his savage assault on me. The spikes on his heavy boots surely left several prints on my skin.

He stopped his assault when someone was coming. I can hear the approaching hooves of horses that vibrates in the ground. And that made them to avert their attention from me. I tried my best not to give in from totally losing my senses— I willed myself with a little strength. I crawled towards Eris.

Something twitched inside me upon seeing her battered condition. I bite my lips so hard because I can't contain the sharp jolt in my heart. I couldn't bear the sight of her.

Somebody please help her—

I found myself asking for help.

I've already lost my faith in divinity. I stopped asking and pleading long ago since no one seemed to hear me. But seeing Eris, I fervently asked and hope that someone above would help her.

But why does it take so long for me to reach her? She was just several steps away, but why does it felt so far?

With my drowsy eyes, I saw some people dismounted from the horses. As they approach towards us, I can tell that they're well off. Then I saw the thugs kneeled on the ground to pay their respect.

"How did things going?" The subtle voice came from a lady.

I've heard that familiar voice somewhere. I can't see her face because she covered herself with a purple cloak. Her face was still obscured. From my muddled mind, I'm trying to recall her distinct familiarity.