24| Celestial Deity

You can't fool me again...

Last night, Eris chose to seal her lips. She pleaded to give her enough time. She promised she will help me find my sister—but no, I don't trust her anymore.

Sleep became elusive as I keep tossing and turning in my bed. Countless thoughts trying hard to connect all dots had keep me awake all night.

Early this morning, Eris kept her promise but it didn't make sense at all. True to her words, we had able to make our way out from the manor without any trouble. Amerton didn't stop us from going out again. I wasn't able to find out what was their dispute all about, but it seemed Eris won against him. Standing at the side of the driveway, he just watched us in silence getting aboard in a carriage.

During our journey towards the capital, the carriage is filled with deafening silence. It's kind of disappointing being distant to each other after what we've been all throughout the years.

Though, she's trying to fix my shattered trust, things will never be the same. Suspicious of her motive, I didn't expect her sudden choice and change of loyalty. There's no way she would go against that lunatic man. It's quite shady when she chose to risk her life.

She had only made herself more disgusting. In such sense changing her loyalty to whomever she deemed necessary—that's totally disappointing how I misjudged her character as perfect as it was.

But then, since she's too adamant to prove her loyalty, I should use it then. Let's see how far she could weave more lies and how far she could risk herself. "What made you changed your mind? I'm certain you're completely aware of the consequences."

Gazing outside the window, Eris pursed her lips. "I have no choice."

What an act... And I'm getting tired of it I almost rolled my eyes. "You have choice, Eris."

"Alright, I do have another choice!" Throwing a glare on me, Eris finally thawed her pent-up frustration. "But I chose to help you. Please don't misjudge whatever choice I have."

"You can't blame me, you know it's impossible. Fighting against him is impossible. There's no way you could risk your life and change your loyalty just like that."

Slumping her shoulder in total surrender, she heave another burdened sigh I lost count of it anymore. "I've hide many things from you and I can't blame you. There are so many things that you shouldn't supposed to know, Yenaery..." Looking at me with pleading eyes, "But then I realize last night—sooner or later you'll know it eventually. Regardless of it, it's either the truth came from me or from someone else."

Getting expectant, I hope she decided to tell the truth. I hope she won't treat me like a fool anymore. "You can't blame me asking things I shouldn't know, you're not good hiding at it. You should be more careful if you don't want your secret get exposed."

"Alright!" Totally annoyed, Eris breathed out harshly like she's about to drop something mind-blowing right to my face. "Since then, I know you've been wondering what he truly is. You are very inquisitive regarding things about him—

"I don't. How could you say that?" I wish I didn't make it sound too defensive. Eris' absurd remark is bothering as if I'm very interested to that lunatic man, like I'm too excited to sponged all stuffs and information regarding him—it's totally ridiculous.

Smugly, she didn't even try to hide her smirk. She still had the gall to mix up this sobersided situation with her untimely humor. "Deny all you want, you're too transparent anyway."

"What—" To think she had twisted my curiosity into something disgusting, I really need to explain and prove my point. "I admit, I am really curious of what he truly he is. He's not an ordinary person you could casually meet and greet in the street. His stance was out of this world—he is invincible. His skills are unbelievably beyond from things I could ever think of. And I'm sure, you're aware of that. All of you have known it way better than I. It's just so disappointing you concealed everything to keep me from knowing—now, don't blame if I ask you why?"