xvii

katya waited anxiously outside of wanderlust, trixie's favourite ice cream shop since she moved to west hollywood around 5 years ago.

she glanced down at her phone to look at the time, it was now 9pm. trixie should be here by now. katya assumed the doctor was going overtime, but that wouldn't make sense as she was after katya.

katya begun to overthink. maybe trixie isn't going to show up. maybe i shouldn't just told her there that i was sorry. stupid, stupid, stupid.

"hi, sorry i'm late." a voice called from afar. it was trixie. she made it, she actually came. katya's face lit up with a massive smile. "after you left this lady came in claiming that she had coronavirus and was pushed into a room. nobody was near her when that happened, well except for mr lee but he had like gloves and a mask on so he was okay."

"corona is really getting out of hand." katya laughed. "all the supermarkets are out of toilet paper. i literally have no toilet paper at home."

"people are crazy. i don't blame them though. people get super paranoid over this kind of stuff." trixie said.

"shall we head in and get an ice cream, miss?" katya placed out her hand for trixie to take. trixie looked down at her hand and placed hers on top. they walked into the parlour together.

katya ordered medium sized cup with espresso flavoured ice cream and trixie ordered a cone with a scoop of cookies and cream. the two of them sat outside with a view that overlooked the city.

"why'd you want to meet here?" trixie asked.

"i wanted to apologise about when i yelled at you," katya started. "i was just so annoyed with everything and then i'm still in withdrawal; that's why i went to the doctors today, to talk to him about if my mood changes heightened because of the drugs. and he said that it's true." she explained.

"i'm sorry. you had a lot on your plate and i added more to it. i didn't mean to make your stressed or anything like that."

"you don't need to apologise. everyday you came to the hospital to literally sit by my side and tell me about your day because we both knew that i wouldn't get up to anything." katya laughed.

trixie held heavy eye contact with katya. she wasn't sure if she was doing it to feel bad or for another reason.

"i also wanted to ask about when you stayed at the hospital with me. and yes i know i'm asking this question again." katya chuckled and trixie rolled her and laughed.

"you just won't give up, will you kat?" trixie giggled and katya winked.

"like you cannot tell me that the kiss we had did not mean something." katya insisted.

"look," trixie licked her ice cream, "i'm not going to say it meant something. but i'm also not going to say that it didn't."

"fine by me." katya licked her spoon. "would you like some?" she offered her ice cream to trixie.

"i'm quite cautious on sharing food with anybody."

"oh oh. alright, so kissing is no issue but when it comes to food it's major." katya laughed and trixie nodded.

"fine! whatever, give it." trixie took katya's cup and had a couple spoonfuls. katya took her cone and took a massive bite out of it.

"did you just-" the ice cream trixie swallowed went down the wrong way and she started coughing. "-take a bite?" she said in a raspy tone making katya laugh. "oh my god. you psycho."

"shut up, you love me." katya laughed.

"kat," trixie looked down at her hands as she fidgeted with them in her lap. "i know this might seem quite random. but-"

"is it something bad??" katya hesitated.

"no, no- well it depends on how you take it really."

"trix, i'm so lost." katya gripped her hair in confusion. "you're making zero sense." 'no? well it depends'? what is she on??

trixie brushed her hair out of her face and gave katya a smile.

"trixie. what are you trying to say, because you're scaring me." katya worried.

trixie rolled her eyes and laughed. she stood up moved her chair. the chair was moved to be closer to katya.

katya's heart was racing. she didn't know if she had done something or if trixie was just playing some annoying prank.

katya turned to trixie as she sat down flawlessly. trixie stared into her eyes. katya could see her reflection in trixie's dark brown eyes.

"now tell me. i wanna know." katya giggled like a little kid after hearing a naughty word. trixie continued to look into katya's eyes, katya stared back not knowing what to think. trixie averted her gaze to katya's mouth and katya leaned away slightly.

"i just- i don't know how to explain it." trixie struggled to say anything. "it just feels right, i don't know why."

katya fixed her posture and tilted her head in confusion. "am i missing somethin-?!"

trixie placed her hands on katya's thighs and hovered off her chair. she went in for it, but this time, she literally stuck her tongue down katya's throat. as much as katya wanted to savour this moment her head was racing.

katya pushed away from trixie. both of their faces were flushed bright red. "why?" katya patted her own face to feel the heat of them. she laughed, "look at what you've done. i'm fully red now." she looked up at trixie. "and you are too."

"oh, what?" trixie touched her face. katya giggled. "i guess i am too."

"you really need to stop kissing me unannounced. i don't like it." katya huffed. "also why are you like sticking your tongue down my throat?"

"sorry kat. lately when i've been with you it's like all i want to do is kiss you, it's odd." trixie shrugged.

"and now you've known how i've been feeling for the past five years, isn't that lovely?" katya rolled her eyes and chuckled.