xxviii

as if katya would admit how she felt about trixie! if she'd agreed that maybe they'd be a good couple trixie would laugh and reject her. but it was different this time, katya rejected the idea and trixie got mad.

the most bittersweet moment she ever felt was with trixie in the hospital when she slept over. the kiss they shared— such a delicate and passionate moment that truly changed how katya saw her. overtime katya pushed down her feelings for trixie so much that now they were virtually non-existent, but certain actions triggered them to come back in full force. katya could never simply forget how she felt about trixie at the time and as much as she'd hate to say it, she was a dick to trixie. she got mad at trixie for kissing someone else when they were both single and neither had expressed their feelings towards each other. all these signs of jealousy and love finally making complete sense in katya's complex brain.

"trixie," katya began, "do you believe that we could be a couple?"

"...why?"

"i think i might've answered before without truly thinking about it. so, i want to know your reasons."

trixie's cheeks turned pink, "well, uhm. i believe we have good chemistry a-and we both understand each other better than anyone else." trixie paused. "but then again... do we really know everything about each other?"

katya frowned. the secrets both of them had kept from each other, maybe then they should talk about them... or, you know... bottle them up for another hundred years.

katya always had love for trixie. from the day they first met it was obvious that they'd become a dynamic duo in and outside of their work. no matter how many times trixie would break katya's heart, katya would simply put on a smile and act as if everything was fine. trixie with a new person? not much of a surprise? trixie kissing someone? not a surprise. very much expected. whereas, for trixie, she'd come to the conclusion that working with your partner is virtually impossible. in hopes to get rid of these feelings she had for katya she'd constantly go out with willam and go on dates, get into relationships that would always end due to trixie not putting enough effort into it because she'd be seeing katya everyday. no matter how hard she tried. these feelings never went away. they festered inside and sooner or later, they'd come out all at once.

"i guess we don't." katya sighed.

the room went silent. trixie looked around the room in attempt to start a new conversation. "i can see us being a couple." katya mumbled. trixie snapped her neck around and faced the back of katya's head. "but the only way it would work is if we weren't working together. i want to keep those lives seperate."

"well," trixie held her hands together, "technically we're unemployed right now, aren't we?"

"what are you getting at, mattel?"

"i think it's obvious." she ran a hand up katya's back.

"you want to have sex with me?"

"I-" trixie gasped. "n- no- like- you know-" she began to sweat.

"i don't know. i need you to explain it." katya encouraged, finding it once again every entertaining to see trixie struggle with a flirtatious conversation with her.

"you are so annoying. i hope you know that." as well being incredibly tempting.

"oh, i do." katya cackled.