xxii

living with katya. hm, that should be interesting.

living in a house that smells like cigarettes, red bull and coffee. just my kind of home.

trixie packed suitcases full of clothes. she wished that her and katya could stay here, but for katya's benefit, and her becoming homesick, trixie would stay with her at her humble abode.

trixie took 3 suitcases worth of clothes, a duffle bag with all her electronics and a blanket, one of her many guitars and a barbie doll. specifically, the dusty model. you know which one, but if you don't, here's an explanation; she's got scruffy hair, a really really bad fake tan. ever since trixie was little she loved barbie dolls, they gave her a sense of happiness as well as an inspiration for fashion and beauty. she's spent more than $10,000 on dolls, crazy.

truly an icon

truly an icon. look at that face. absolutely stunning.

sometimes when trixie closes her eyes. she has flashbacks of new years; when katya was unconscious and when trixie had to speed through traffic to get to the hospital, almost crashing a couple times. it was pretty traumatic to see her best friend like that. sometimes there are nights where trixie doesn't sleep because she's worried she'll have nightmares about it.

"hello," katya knocked on the front door and let herself into trixie's house. "the car is outside so you can put your stuff in there." she pointed outside to the black mercedes that had the boot up.

katya walked over to trixie examining her suitcases. "oh god," katya sighed, "i don't know if that'll fit in the boot in one go."

"what." trixie replied facing the luggage.

katya wheeled trixie's three suitcases outside and opened the boot of the car. "see, i can fit two these in there but not the third bag and the guitar."

"katya," trixie turned her head toward her.

"mhm?"

"put down the seats. you can fit more stuff." trixie pointed at the lever used to flatten the backseats to create more boot space for her bags and guitar to go in and katya stared at her with a surprised expression.

"yes. i knew that." no she didn't.

"c'mon katya, common sense." trixie laughed causing katya's cheeks to tinge red in embarrassment. trixie lightly pinched katya's cheek and walked off back into the house.

trixie made her way to the kitchen and sat on top of the island. she rested both hands flat on the bench behind her and looked out the window above the sink. she wished this virus never occurred, she missed her friends, her family, going out, having fun.

"trixie," katya poked trixie's arm. no response. she looked up at trixie as she was completely zoned out, thinking about only god knows what. "beatrice." katya pushed her finger into trixie's stomach.

trixie looked down at katya. "OW." she exclaimed but laughed off, "that really hurt." she rubbed the area where katya very aggressively poked her.

katya looked toward the window trixie was staring at and opened the curtains to be able to get a better view of the sky. trixie moved the kettle over and slapped the area next to the for katya to sit. katya turned, looked at where trixie was patting and nodded, agreeing to sit with her.

katya just managed to jump up onto the island and sit next to trixie as she again stared out the window. it was silent for a bit. katya glanced over at trixie and she looked at the sky.

"what are you thinking about?" katya asked. trixie placed one hand over another and sighed out.

"i miss how things used to be. i don't like being in lockdown. i hate it."

"there isn't much we can do. although, the best thing we can do is stay at home until all this dies down." katya reassured trixie.

"but even after all this stops, nothing will be the same. everything is going to be different." trixie did have a point, nothing was ever going to be normal again after this pandemic eases.

"yes but-"

"what gives some people the right to go out. they're not exempt. they're the same as us, they're the reason it's still spreading." trixie clenched her jaw and fists. her breathing because very heavy and quick.

katya didn't respond. what trixie said made her think that it'll be a while until she sees her family face to face again as they live on the other side of the country.

katya leaned toward trixie and wrapped her arms around her waist, resting her head on trixie's lap.

"we'll always have each other." katya held trixie's index finger.

trixie said nothing, she instead stroked katya's short blonde hair as they sat in silence staring at the sky. the clouds reminding trixie of the waves at the beach as it floated through the sky.