Chapter 6: The Secret Text Message

○•Chapter 6: The Secret Text Message•○

I took off my shoes and placed them neatly on the shelf. 

"Emily, is that you?" I heard my mom ask. Who else does she think it is? Usually Cameron doesn't get back until 7 since he's the captain of the football team. He can't even miss one practice session after school. 

"Yeah mom, its me." I open the closet door and pulled out a clothes hanger that was pretty much screaming for me to put my coat on it. 

"Oh sweetie, what do you want for dinner?" She comes out of the kitchen; holding a spatula in one hand and a bottle of vegetable oil in the other. She had her hair tied in a tight bun and wore a cute apron that said: "Best mom" with a little bow in the middle.

"Uhh, lasagna?" I answered, probably sounding uncertain because i can tell she didn't buy it.

"Honestly, i don't know what to make. Your dad is coming over to visit today and i'm barely done setting everything up." She lets out a sigh. Did she just said dad was coming over?? The last time I saw him was over 6 months ago! He said he has something important to do in Los angeles but he never came back. We've tried contacting him but he never picks up his phone. I'm surprised he still has the guts to see us. 

"What?? Dad is coming to visit??" I left my month hanging open. 

"Honey. close your month. Flies are going to get in and you're not going to like it." She closes my month.

"Mom!" I push her hands away.

"Its true!" She points out.

"Whatever, I'm going to my room." I quickly ran up the stairs and closed my door. I can't believe i'm finally going to be seeing my dad...Its okay, emily... its okay... I just need something to calm myself down before seeing him. So i opened my white HP laptop and pressed the power button. Okay all i need is to listen to some music, that always helps. I went on youtube and listen to Red by Taylor Swift. I seriously LOVE this song. 

"Losing him was blue, like i'd never known. Missing him was dark grey all alone. Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met. But loving him was red. Loving him was red."

As the lyrics ran through my head, I wonder if Lily or Alyssa was on. I logged on to my msn.

Lily: Hey! 

Wow that was fast. As expected from LIly. I smiled. 

Me: Hey! 

Lily: Gym class was like sooo awkward! I still can't believe that Mrs.Sinclaire paired me up with James. =.= 

Her partner was James? I didn't even notice....I was busy panicing about Jayden.. 

Me: How did it go?

Lily: He kept hitting on me, like seriously he should just give up. 

Me:Oh

I can see James is still the same. How does he look at himself in the mirror? Isn't he ashamed of himself? The guy pretty much hitted on every girl in the school and btw got rejected by each and everyone of them.

LIly: Enough about me. You and Jayden were obviously having the time of your life! You totally like him! ;) 

How did she know? Was it that obvious??? Can everyone tell that i like him? Wait, doesnt that mean Jayden knows that i like him too?? OMG, no i can not let that happen!! 

Me: was it obvious??

Lily: Totally. 

Me: Great.