Chapter 16: The Ex-Girlfriend ;)

○•Chapter 16: The Ex-Girlfriend •○

I stood beside the door; he was still having his "tutoring session" with Mr. Larry. I peeked through the glass window. He was still sitting by Mr. Larry's desk, writing on a piece of paper and looking at an history textbook. I've never seen him work this hard on something before; well other then basketball of course. He's just so passionate about basketball. I still remember how he had little basketball stickers all over his laptop; how cute. I chuckled.

He stood up and shaked Mr. Larry's hand. Yes, he's done! I better step out of the way or I'll embarrass myself again; I don't want my jacket to get caught in the way again. I rolled my eyes. I think this is going to mock me throughout my entire four years in high school. He opens the door and glances over to me.

"Hey. Sorry for making you wait." He ruffled his hair. The way he ruffles his hair, just makes me.. Wait. What am I saying?!

"I-It's okay." I faked a smile. Why am I acting like this? Its so weird. Just from ruffling his hair, I'm already going insane. Why is that? We started to walk down the empty hallway. Its only 4:30. Why is everyone already gone? Usually there will still be people hanging out in the hallways, but there's barely anyone here. Mostly grade 12's are here but still.

"Emily?" I turned my direction towards him.

"Yeah?" He grabbed something out of his jacket. Its my phone! I can recognize my minty blue case from anywhere. Oh, I missed it so much! Wait, that reminds me. Did he look through my phone? I'm not positive that my phone immediately ran out of battery. Great, he's literally driving me insane now.

"You left it at my house yesterday." He says as he holds it out for me to reach. Yes! I squealed. I grabbed my iPhone out of his hands and wiped the glossy screen. Now to check if its on. I pressed the power button and it immediately light up. I-I thought it was dead. So does that mean he did touches it?!

"T-Thanks." I muttered and he awkwardly nods his head. He looks somewhat suspicious; did he actually looked through my phone? I would look at my messages right now but its still booting up.

"I also charged your phone for you." He smiles and ruffles his hair again. I can't focus. How can he be so damn cute?! I'm dead. My jaw dropped. I swear something is seriously wrong with me right now!

"Emily? Is there something wrong?" He waves his hand in my face. Girl, snap out of it! I blinked back to conscience. Wow, did not see that coming.

"Uh, Yeah. W-What did you said again?" I stuttered. I couldn't even hear him. What's wrong with me?!

"I said, I charged your phone for you." He raised his eyebrow. I nodded. Awww, he's just too sweet for his own good.

"T-Thank you.." He nods and I look down at my black converse. I feel so ashamed of myself. Why am I acting especially more nervous today? Its weird. I stared at my phone. It's done booting up! I quickly typed my password in and there was three messages from Lily.

Lily: Why won't you pick up your phone!?

She called me?! No she didn't. I didn't get any missed calls.

Lily: Emily! You're going to have gym without me :( I have a doctor's appointment... I'm sorry.

Well that explains why I was alone for gym. I wonder why she went to the doctor's. Is she sick? She doesn't seem like it to me.

Lily: OMFG! Emily! Did you heard the rumors about Jayden?!

So am I the only one who doesn't know the rumors? I feel pathetic. I hate not knowing anything. Funny, is this why she was panicking about him seeing the text? Oh, Lily, that's cute.