Chapter 7: Dinner with Dad

○•Chapter 7: Dinner with Dad•○

"Oh Arnold! You're finally here!" my mom said, giving him a tight hug.

I couldn't properly see him with my mom blocking the view, but my mom did looked beautiful. She wore a long floral dress with an red, 1 inch high heels. Although i was never really a fan of floral, it really suited her. Especially with her perfectly curled, auburn hair; it just all falls right into place. 

"Now where's my baby girl?" He smirks.

He releases himself from my mom's arms. That's when I saw my dad. He was wearing his specticles and he looked like he lost 10 lbs. Although he didn't looked that much different from the last time I saw him, he did looked really tired; especially with the puffy bags under his eyes.. He must have overworked himself out. He stared at me with loving eyes and I knew at that moment all I wanted was to just hug him. 

"Daddy!!" I opened my arms and squeezed him. Oh I missed him so much. Even though, he ignored us for half an year, I can't help but be happy to finally see him. 

"Have you grown taller??" He gasped. 

"You know it!" I smile at him. I grew like 5 cm since the last time I saw him. i grow up fast, so I'm not surprised. Back then I was only able to reach his shoulders but now I'm up to his chin. I smiled proudly.  

"One day you're going to out grow me... I must be getting old." He lets out a groan. 

"Its okay, dad. I've already outgrown you." Cameron pats his back and grins at him. 

"Give me at least some dignity!" He glares at him and before you know it they start wrestling each other down the hallway like they always do. Boys. They never change. 

"DAD!! Stop!!" Cameron yells as dad gives him a head lock. He shuffled Cameron's hair and I couldn't help but laugh too. It was so funny!

"Haha, Never!" Dad seems to be enjoying it, so I'll just leave them to their boy stuff. Hm, I wonder what mom is up to. I bet she's probably still setting up the food. May be I should go help her and you know, speed things up. So I went into the kitchen.

The crystal chandelier was dangling from the cieling and the beautiful red velvet vase was placed with perfectly picked daisies. The table cloth was shimmering white and there was candles on each side of the table. Wow she really fancied the place up. No wonder it took her so long...

She stood beside the stove; stiring while she sprinkles some pepper into the silver pot. I leaned beside her. 

"How's it going? Are you almost done because I am Staaaarving!!" she looks over at me.

"Yeah its almost ready. Can you get the plates for me?" She points at the stack of plates sitting on the table.

"Sure."  I handed her the piles of plate and she turns off the stove. 

"What did you make?" I said, looking at her as she grabs her spatula. 

"Oh lasagna and tomato soup." wow she actually tooked my answer seriously..

"Mmmm can I take a glance??" I smiled. I looked into the oven but before I can see anything, she pushes me out of the way.. 

"Tell them, dinner's ready." she shooed me out of the kitchen. Sheesh, I just wanted to take a look. Is it that hard? I can already feel my stomach grumbling for more food. I'm soooo hungry.... hm, where are they anyways? I'm not even going to bother looking for them. 

"CAMERON!! DAD!! DINNER'S READY! YOU BETTER HURRY OR I'M GOING TO EAT IT ALL!!" I shouted. This will get their attention for sure. I waited for another few seconds until I finally hear them coming down the stairs. I watch them race down the stairs. See, Guys loves their food. I laughed.

"Did you actually eat it all??" Cameron askes me. He actually believed me? 

"Maybe I did." I laughed, taking a seat by the far end of the table. As we all took our seats, mom came in with the plates. 

"Cameron, go get the lasagna that's on the counter." She tells him. He quickly gets up and walks out of the dining room. "Yes! Lasagna!" I heard him say to himself. He must really like lasagna. i chuckled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The smell makes me drool. It smells so good... I stare at it and I was about to dig in until someone interrupted me.

"Aren't you going to eat, honey?" My mom says. Was I staring at it for that long? What can I do? It looks too good to eat!

"I was just about to, mom."  I said. I took a big bite and the taste just erupts in my mouth. Wow! I can taste the cheese mixing with the pasta, making my tastebuds craving for more. Its- so - delicious!

"Dad, why haven't you been answering our phone calls?" Cameron stares at him, expecting him to answer. Dad didn't look at him. He kept eating his lasagna. I have to admit, he should be ashamed of himself. If it wasn't for today, I would have contiue pretending like he didn't even existed. And I was actually fine with that.

"W-what do you mean?" he answers nervously. What is he hiding from us?? I raised my eyebrow.

"You know what he's talking about." I said back. Why is he avoiding the question? He's being really suspicious. 

"Look, I was really busy. I wasn't able to call back." he finally looks up from his plate. His brown eyes looking sadder then usual. 

"Still! After like half a year, you finally make an effort to see us?" Cameron stood up from his chair. It scared me for a moment. I never saw him so furious before. What happened to my cocky and immature brother? Mom stares nervously at Cameron and dad. 

"Cameron sit down!" Mom demands him. 

"But mom!" He growls. She pulls on his arm. After a few minutes, he finally obeys her and sits down. It remained silent. I took another bite out of my lasagna but even the taste doesn't help lighten my mood. 

"I'm sorry for not answering.." Dad says with a sigh. 

"I know I was wrong. That's why I came to visit today." He looks at all of us. He looks like he's about to cry, but obviously he holds back the tears. I feel guilty but still! What kind of father just leaves and comes back? He ignored us for half a year!! 

"i'm not hungry anymore." Cameron says dully, as he gets out of his seat and walks his way to the front door. Mom immediately stood up from her chair. 

"Where do you think you're going, Cameron?!?" Mom yells at him. 

"Where do you think I'm going?" he talks back at her and she was left speechless. He slams the front door close and Mom stood there frozen. Dad slams his head against the table. What just happened?? Cameron??

=====================================================================

Wow there's a lot of drama there. Where do you think cameron went to?? Why did Emily's dad seem so suspicious?? Find out in the next few chapters!! :D 

Anyways thanks for reading! :) And i'm sorry it took me quite a while to update, i've been distracted lately :/ 

Bye!