Chapter 17: The Realization

○•Chapter 17: The Realization •○

B-BUMP! B-BUMP! My ears were burning hot. I swear its probably as red as my face. His beautiful blue eyes stared into mine; his eyes were still and serious. How can he possibly be so serious about this? I mean, he just asked me if I like him! Why does everyone assumed that I like him?! When I clearly don't? Now even he thinks I do. What do I do? Even if I do like him, it'll be bad that he knows. Oh my gosh, maybe I really am oblivious...

"N-NO! What makes you think that?!" I stuttered. I'm so nervous that I feel like I'm about to collapse soon.

"Then why do you keep running away?! Why do you always blush when I'm around you? Why Emily?" he lets go of my hand and brushed the hair out of his face. I don't know either! I'm oblivious of everything; of my own feeling and even others. I don't put much thought into it because I feel like life shouldn't be only about dating. Is it wrong for me to think that way?

"I don't know what you mean. I only think of you as a friend and only a friend. Nothing more then that." I pursed my lips. I might have kind of lied but I seriously, only think of him as a friend. I sigh. Maybe I am indenial but I just ... don't know.

"No, you do. Emily, I can tell." He said. Seriously I can still feel the people staring at us; making me feel so uncomfortable. Ugh, how I wish I was in their position; that'll be perfect!

"How can you tell? Why does everyone think..." What am I saying? I can't tell him that I talked about him with Lily and mom! Especially my mom. He raised his eyebrow.

"Think what? That you like me?" he said. its like he just read my mind..

"N-No.." I muttered. He's being really scary right now.

"Emily, you've been acting very weird these days." He stared at me; trying to read what I'm thinking. His eyes felt like lazer beams that were ripping me into pieces; like I said: Scary!

"N-no I haven't!" I stuttered; unable to balance my voice properly. His stare is seriously making him intimidating...

"Yes you have. Whenever I mention about the picture, you run away from me and when I touch you, you seem so timid. Seriously what's going on?" he rubbed his head. I just didn't want to talk about it. I don't know why but I felt like I needed to get out of there. I couldn't stand it; I couldn't stand talking about their relationship.

"Jayden, I-I didn't want to talk about it." He shakes his head.

"So you run away? Why are you so scared of me?" The tone of his voice sounded somewhat sad. I'm not scared of him, I'm just nervous when he's around. I don't know why but I just do. Isn't it normal to be nervous? Or is it not? Is that a sign that I like him?

"i'm not scared of you..."I muttered.

"You are though. if I touch you right now, you'll blush." He pursed his lips. Why is he turning my words into something else? I'm not scared! Oh for heaven's sake, please can he get over it!

"I won't." I stick my tongue at him. "I'm totally not scared of yo-" He pulls me into his long arms and wraps me into a tight hug. W-what!? I couldn't help it, my face was already heating up. No don't blush! He's going to assume that I do like him! His hands rests on my back and I left my hands just hanging there.

"You're blushing aren't you?" He said as he hugs me even tighter. Oh my gosh, just stop! I can't bare it for long. Does he have to go this far just to prove a point?! This is too embarrassing and people are staring! Jayden, please stop!

"N-no I'm not! Now get off!" I tried to push him off of me but he was too strong for me. Damn it! If only he wasn't a jock. Then I would have ran away from his reach and yes I'm willing to run away again.