Chapter 18: Misunderstandings

○•Chapter 18: Misunderstandings •○ 

           I can't believe this is finally happening to me! I mean the boy who I've been secretly crushing on just said he likes me back! I've been in denial for so long and he's the one to pull me out of it. Can this day get any better?! I glance over to him, the wind was blowing against his shaggy blonde hair and just wow. I can't believe this boy was the one who confessed to me first. Well kind of. He held my hand close to his as we walk down the sidewalk. The people around us were already staring at us but I didn't care because I'm with boy I like and that is all that matters to me. I know cheesy right? Never thought I'll say something like that

"Emily?" He asked me in a cheerful tone. I couldn't help but grin. 

"What?" I covered my face with my hair; trying to hide the smile on my face. I can't let him see how happy I am. Isn't it weird that I can't stop smiling? I've had guys confessed to me before but the guy I like never confess to me before. Its just a feeling that is indescribable. Its too great for words. 

"Say that you like me." He smirked. What?! Okay, now I can help but blush now.  I cupped my cheek with my other hand; feeling the warm sensation going through my cheeks. Wow, its really warm. 

"No!" I teased him and he gasps. He's so funny and cute. I love it when he pretends to be overdramatic. 

"You better say it or-" 

"Or else what...?" I raised my eyebrow in a playful way. 

"Or else I'll..." he releases my hand and turned my head towards him. I blinked my eyes; wondering what's going on. What is he doing? Then out of the blue, he gives me one big peck on my left cheek. My eyes widened, so wide that I can already feel the breeze going through my eyes. What? He slowly releases his lips from my cheek.  

"Or I'll kiss you to death." He winks at me with a big smirk. Oh my gosh. His face was already so red. it must have took him a lot of guts to say that. Aww, how cute! 

"Oh, I'm so scared." I stick my tongue at him and right there, he took that chance to lean in. 

"Okay okay! Sheesh Jayden!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I swear, people are probably staring at me like I'm one crazy chick. 

"Haha, fine. But you're going to have to say it!" He said in a teasing tone. I rolled my eyes. Oh brother, what did I got myself into? I sighed. 

"I'm waiting." He said. Man, never knew he'll be this annoying. My face flushed brightly. Okay, I guess this is it. I closed my eyes and slowly leaned in. My lips gently pressed against his warm  smooth cheek. This is so embarrassing! Maybe I shouldn't have done it. It was a stupid idea, but I just had to do it. He can't be the only one who give all the kisses. 

"I-I like you." I mumbled softly, but I'm sure he heard me because his eyes widened and his face was red as a tomato. Okay, totally bad idea! 

"J-Jayden??" I asked him and he just stood there; his eyes blankly staring at me. Oh no, what did I do to this poor guy?! I only gave him a kiss!! 

"A-Are you okay? Jayden answer me!" I held his warm hands. What's wrong with him??

"Emily." He pursed his lips. I gulped. At least he's finally talking. Better then him being silent I guess?? 

"Thank goodness. I thought you weren't able to hear me." I sighed in relief. He lets go of my hands and gently placed his hands on my cheeks. I stared into his eyes; confused of what's going on. 

"I like you too." He smiled and his eyes sparkled like a million stars glimmering on a pure ocean. It made me breathless to see these pair of beautiful eyes staring at me; as he said those 4 words. Its just everything a girl can ever ask for.