Chapter 13: The Alley

○•Chapter 13: The Alley•○

I walked down the hallway, wobbiling through every step. Any minute now, I'm going to pass out. Why couldn't I sleep last night? I rubbed my head. Although I never really liked the taste of coffee, I wouldn't mind having some right now. I tightly held my textbook and binder to my chest; trying to not tip it over. I don't even have the strength to carry it anymore. This is my first time staying up all night on a school day and it is never going to happen again! I feel terrible. My lips are dry, my forehead is scattered with acne and my eyes are so sore that I can barely open them. Now I know what they mean by beauty sleep; they weren't kidding about it when they say you really need it.

I'm never going to make it to fourth period. Math class was on the 1st floor and right now I'm on the 3rd floor. I sighed. Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my jean pocket. Ugh, who is it this time?? I placed my textbook and binder into my left arm and tried to get my phone out, but I couldn't get it out of my pocket. I must be that weak...

"Get out!" I kept tugging on to it but I just ended up stumbiling and accidentally tripping over my legs. My textbook and binder fell to the ground. Oh damn it! I bended over to pick it up but somebody beats me to it. Huh?! I looked up to see Jayden handing over my binder and textbook. He smiles. He's seriously too cute..

"Thanks." I said and took my binder and textbook from his hands. I tucked my hair behind my ear and he smiles again. Oh, how I miss that smile.

"No problem. You better hurry though. The bell's going to ring soon." He winks at me and continues walking the other way. I sighed; I can smile all day if I can. I bit my lower lip and giggled happily. Okay, I really need to get going, I'm going to be late.

Ding dong!

Oh shoot! Mr. Chan is going to kill me! I scurried through the stairs and moved my way through the crowd. Oh, high school. it's such a great experience....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank god! I made it just in time before Mr. Chan arrived. I panted, until I got to my seat.

"Class, change to page 237 on your Math textbook and I want you to do all the questions for today." I opened my textbook and flipped to page 237. No! There are 22 questions to do! I pouted. I guess I better get to it; it's better then having it for homework. I rolled up my sleeves and started to do question 1. After an hour of agony, the bell ringed.

Ding dong!

Yes! I quickly pushed my things into my pink backpack and rushed out of the room. I hate math; I almost fell asleep from doing all the questions. I opened my locker and pulled my backpack off my shoulder. I hanged it over the hook and grabbed my gym bag that was on the bottom rack. I slammed the locker shut and dashed through the stairs until I reached the Phys. Ed department.

I opened the door to the girl's change room.

"Hey guys! Wait what?" It was empty. I'm the first one here? That's weird. I'm usually the last one to get here. I shrugged. Oh well, better then being late. I took off my sweater and somebody surprises me from behind.

"Hey. Emily!" Lily grinned. Her hands were icy cold. Why were they so cold? It made my shivered inside.

"Your hands are so cold!" I pushed her hand off my shoulders and she sits on the bench beside me. Wow, she already changed; as expected from Lily.

"You changed?" I ask as I pulled my gym shirt on; its so baggy, but I like it.

"Yeah, I changed in the washroom near my science class." She said. I nodded. Why didn't I just do that? I wouldn't have to rush down here and end up getting yelled by Mrs. Sinclaire. I can be so stupid sometimes. I shake my head; so disappointed in myself.