Chapter 8: The Date

Chapter 8: The date

            As I walk into the balcony, the stars, sprinkles the sky with shimmering lights. It’s so beautiful and breathe taking; it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. I wrapped myself into my blanket as I feel the cool air swipe through my hair.

"It’s so cold." I shivered. Why does it have to be so cold? Suddenly I felt someone's arms around my waist. I roll my eyes. He just can't get his hands off me. I smiled.

"Does this help?" he whispers into my ears. I can feel his warm breathe; making me crave for more.

"You're blushing aren’t you" He smirks at me. How does he always know that I’m blushing?? He’s no fun. I punched his arm.

"No I’m not, you perv. Get your arms off of me." I pushed him away from me. As my heart beats, I can feel my cheeks getting warmer.

"Oh, come on." He says as he comes crawling back to me. He puts his head on my shoulder and pulls me into a tight hug. I want to resist it but he's just so warm, how can I resist? Or is it just because I’m blushing??

"I'm sorry." He pouts. He thinks he can just give me "the puppy dog" look and he's off the hook? I don't think so. I turn my head away from him.

"Come on, how can u stay mad at this face???" He looks at me with his "puppy eyes", I left out a sigh. Why does he have to be so cute??

"You're so full of yourself!" I pushed his face away. He laughed and kisses me on the cheek.

"You know, I’m irresistible." He gives me one of his charming smiles and my heart skips a beat. Sometimes I really feel like I’m going to get a heart attack and right now, is one of those moments. He chuckles and snuggles me into his arms. And just like that, we spent the night looking at the beautiful scenery together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     "Good morning sunshine!" Mom was still making breakfast; I guess I'll just sit down. I look around the room; wondering where dad is.

"Where's dad?" I asked, drumming my fingers on the table. She flips one of the pancakes from the pan. Oh man, I’m so hungry!

"He's still sleeping." She says.

"Oh." I nodded my head.

Mom and dad stayed up late last night; waiting for Cameron to come home. I insisted that I’ll wait for him too but they just said I should just go to sleep.

"How long did you guys waited for Cameron to get home?" She glances over her shoulder but doesn’t answer until she was done with the pancakes.

"Around 12 am." She puts down the plate of freshly made pancakes in front of me.

"Where did he go?" I say as I pour the syrup all over the pancake. You can never have pancakes without syrup! Yum! I hope they taste just as good as they look.

"I think he went clubbing with his friends. Since one of his friends brought him home." She takes the seat in front of me.

Cameron went to a club?? Did he get drunk?? He's always so cautious about alcohol; This might be weird, since my brother is one of the most popular guys in Jefferson high, but it’s true.

"So you're saying he had a hangover???" I was shocked.

"Yeah, I thought I made that clear enough for you, honey."

The pancakes taste so bland. I grabbed the bottle of syrup; I'll just pour more syrup then. Maybe that'll help. When I was just about to pour some syrup into my not so sweet pancake, my mom slaps my hand.