Chapter 11: The Unexpected Visitor

○•Chapter 11: The unexpected visitor•○ 

                The moment I closed the door, my mom pops out from behind the door. "AH!" I screamed; frightened by my own mother. Is she trying to scare me to death?! "Emily!" My mom screams into my ear. I glared at her. She's not going to stop; now is she? I really don't have time for this; Jayden is waiting for me and I don't want to make him wait. But I wonder how long it'll take for him to get on? Just standing here makes me urged to run up those stairs..  I can't wait to get on my laptop. 

"Ooooh, You're smiling!" She teases me. I was about to say something but she surprises me with a  hugg. This is going to be one long day and I'm sure of it; she's never going to let me go now. 

"You never told me you're dating!!" She grinned widely. Dating?! I'm not dating him; I wish. I pouted. See what I have to go through everyday? This women just assumes everything! I know that he was walking me home but we were just working on our assignment It's not like I had a choice either. 

"Mom.. I'm not dating him. He's just my partner for a health assignment." She holds me by the shoulders; making me feel slightly more awkward. What is she doing? She stares deeply into my eyes. Why's she staring at me so intensely....? Its not as if she can read my mind. She's seriously wasting my time. Thanks to her, I'm going to feel guilty because Jayden's going to end up doing all of the work. I turned my head towards the stairs. Any minute now, he's going to be on... 

"Mom...? What you doing?" I slowly take her hands off my shoulders. Her eyes glimmers at me. She's making me feel really uncomfortable... 

"You like him, don't you?" she pursed her lips and folded her arms around her chest. Why does everybody assumes that I like him? I seriously don't!

"....I'm going upstairs." I immediately turned away from her mocking stare and hopefully she'll let this slide. I can't stand talking about my feelings, especially about crushes. I crossed my fingers and quickly walked up the stairs. Please let this slide!  

"Emily! Don't you walk away from me." She yells. No! I scrambled up to the remaining steps and open the door to my bedroom. I slammed it behind me; escaping from her voice. I closed my eyes and try to catch my breathe. Yes, I got away. 

"Thank goodness that's over." I sighed, mind as well log on to my laptop... I opened my eyes to see someone laying on my bed. Their back against the bed frame and my laptop was sitting on his lap. What the heck is he doing in my room?! I can feel the steam coming out of my ears. My laptop is like my life but yet here he is; going through it..  

"Cameron!!! Give me back my laptop, You jerk!!" I screamed. He quickly looked up and the moment he saw me, his lips formed into a smirk. 

"Hey sis." He sticks out his tongue at me and continues typing into my laptop. What the heck does he think he's doing? I locked my laptop, so he can't possibly know my password. I rolled my eyes. 

"Don't sis me." I glared at him and he continues typing away; pretending like he never even heard me. 

"Okay that's it." I grabbed the corner of my laptop and started yanking it away from his reach.  

"Yo, don't steal my laptop!" He tried to reach for MY laptop. When did my laptop became his? I don't remember my laptop being his, so he doesn't have the rights to call it his. First he takes my laptop without my permission and now he's calling my laptop his. He's not making this any easier for him. This takes my anger to the next level. 

"Shut up, what were you doing on it?!" I looked at my screen but it was already shut down. I tapped on my mouse pad but nothing happened. How did he turned it off so fast?? I didn't see him pressing the power button or did he?