0.1

"You guys are certainly something else." I smiled as the reporter spoke to us. "How did all of this start?"

"It all started with Pre-wrap and Tape."

*One Year Earlier*

"Girl I cannot believe you're going to be working for the Phoenix Suns. Do you know how fine those men are?" I laughed as my best friend, Layla Brown, talked to me over the phone.

"Girl stop, you know I have a man." I laughed as I drove to the practice facility.

"Oh please, Jordan's ugly ass could not compete with some of those men." She spoke making me roll my eyes.

"Ease off my man now," I warned her and she chuckled.

"Oh come on, you'll get stuck alone with one of those players and you'll forget all about Jordan." She spoke as I focused on the road.

"I'm keeping my relationships with these guys professional Lay." I told her as I drove down the high way.

"Well, I'm not, so send them your best friend's way." She joked making me laugh.

"Don't worry I will," I reassured her before sighing. "I'm nervous Lay. What if the guys don't like me? What is something crazy happens and I freeze up?"

"Royalty, clam down. You're going to do great. I believe in you. Remember those nights where you would practicing taping on me. I know you're an amazing athletic trainer and you're gonna kill it." She reassured me and I nodded.

"Thanks, Lay, I needed that," I told her as I pulled up to the practice center. "I just pulled up."

"You got this Ro. Go kill it, I love you bestie." She spoke and I smiled.

"I love you bestie," I told her before I hung up the phone.

I sighed as I parked and turned off my car. I got out and grabbed my purse and lunch before walking into the practice facility. When I walked in I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing.

"Royalty?" A voice behind me made me turn around.

"Hey, my name is Brixley Meyers. I'm the head athletic trainer for the Suns." She smiled as I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled back at her.

"If you will follow me, I will show you to your office." She told me as she turned on her heels.

"I have my own office?" I asked as I walked faster to keep up with her.

"You have your own private office and trainers room equipped with all the supplies you'll need." She told me and my jaw dropped.

"That's crazy." Those were the only words I could get out.

"The Suns take good care of their trainers." She told me as we walked up to the door.

I smiled as I read the plaque beside the door Royalty Acuff Athletic Trainer. Brixley opened the door and my jaw dropped once again. I had a huge desk with a huge chair set up. A room full of trainers tables was connected to my office. I smiled as I looked around the office.

"4 different treatment tables, a modality cart for each table, two ice baths, one whirlpool table, one electric treatment table, an ice maker, and an infinite number of supplies that you would need. The whole shebang." Brixley spoke as she walked around the room.

"All of this for the new girl?" I asked as I touched the fancy equipment.

"I told you. The Suns love their athletic trainers. We're part of reason those boys can play every other night." She was about to speak again but there was a knock at the door.

I turned around and if I didn't have any self-control I probably would've fallen flat on my face then and there. The most beautiful man I have ever seen was standing in my doorway. He was a lot taller than me and Brixley. He was a light skin, fluffy brown hair, green eyes, and covered in tattoos. He was the definition of yummy. I watched as he looked at Brixley then me.

"Hey Brix, you think you can tape my hand before practice?" He asked Brixley as he leaned on the door frame.

"Actually, I'm gonna let Royalty tape you today." She turned and looked at me and I'm sure I looked like a dear in headlights. "Royalty meet Kelly. Kelly meet Royalty."

"Pleasure to meet you." I smiled and shook his hand.

"Oh please, the pleasure is mine." He spoke and I felt my face get hot.

"Let's see what ya got rook." Brixley snapped me out of thought. "Kelly broke his left thumb in the offseason and it still giving him some trouble."

"So basically a basic support dressing?" I asked her as I grabbed the pre-wrap and tape out of my modality cart.

"Don't ask me you're the one doing the dressing." She told me as she stood behind me and watched.

"Alright, give me your hand," I told Kelly and he stuck out his left hand.

I placed his hand out in front of me in a neutral position. I looked back at Brixley before I started wrapping the pre-wrap around Kelly's thumb and hand. After I wrapped the pre-wrap, I placed the tape over it. I started to get nervous as I could feel Kelly looking down, watching me. I studied his large hand as I wrapped the white tape around it. I studied the distinct ink on his hand and wrists. I sighed as I finally finished the wrap. I patted the tape down before letting go of him.

"Damn, that's the most comfortable wrap I've had in a while." Kelly nodded as he moved his hand around.

"And the prettiest. Damn rook, you may be putting me out of work." Brixley nudged me and I laughed.

"Thanks, guys," I told them as I bent down to put the tape and pre-wrap up.

When I stood up straight, I caught Kelly staring at my ass. He looked up at me before quickly looking back at Brixley.

"Aye, I gotta go get warmed up but I'll see you guys out there." He said as he jumped off the table.

"See you around rook." He nodded at me. "Thanks for the wrap."

"See ya," I said softly as he left.

"Practice starts in 30 minutes." Brixley nudged my arm. "Be prepared and out on the court before practice starts."

I watched as she left the room. I sighed as I walked to my desk and sat down. It's going to be an interesting season.