1.0

Royalty's POV

It's been about a week since the incident with Jordan. I haven't spoken a word to him, nor has he reached out to me at all. Maybe he's accepted the fact that he did was wrong and just wanted to let me be. Kelly has been amazing and so sweet. He always checks up on me and makes sure I'm doing ok. Layla and I have agreed that were roommates, but she won't let me help pay for rent. It's so fun living with my best friend though. She makes life so fun.

Today, we have a home game against Philadelphia. It should be a really good game and I'm so excited.

"I'll be watching the TV to see if I see you," Layla told me as I got ready for the game.

"I don't think the trainers are the main focus, Lay," I told her as I put product in my hair.

"You can still have your little moment of fame." She told me and I chuckled.

"I didn't become a trainer to be famous. I became a trainer because I love it." I told her as I put on my makeup.

"I know you've told me like a thousand times." She groaned before she spoke again. "So how's Kelly?"

"Same as normal. Still aggravating as hell." I smiled as I put my mascara on.

"Look at that smile. Ro, you, my dear, have a crush." She said and I shook my head.

"Stop, we're just friends." I sighed as I walked to my closet.

"Oh, yea, just friends that just kiss when everyone's heads are turned." She watched as I grabbed my shirt and leggings.

I just ignored her and walked into the bathroom and changed. I walked out to see her staring at me.

"You're bad for ignoring me when I'm right." She told me and I chuckled.

"You're bad for being right." I admitted as I sprayed on perfume, "But for real though, you gotta keep that on the DL. No one knows or needs to know about Kelly and I's whatever it is beside you, me, and him."

"Touche." She said and nodded.

"Anyways, I gotta get going," I told her as I grabbed my purse.

Layla got up and we walked to the kitchen. I quickly made me flavored water before I walked to the door.

"Love you, Mama. Be safe." I smiled as Layla hugged me.

"Love you. I'll be back late tonight." I told her.

"Or you could just stay at Kelly's." She laughed.

"Stop," I whined and she laughed hard.

"Bye, mama. Be good." She told me as I walked out the door.

"You too." I pointed at her as I walked to my car.

I smiled as I unlocked my car and got in. I started my car and pulled out of the driveway. I listened to music while I drove to the Talking Stick Resort Arena. I sighed as I fought traffic while driving through downtown. I finally pulled up and parked in the employee parking. I parked, but I didn't see Brixley's car. I shrugged it off and parked. I turned my car off and grabbed my purse. I got out of my car and locked it before I started walking to the back entrance of the arena. I showed the security guard my ID and he let me in. I was walking to the trainers' office when my phone buzzed.

Brixley: Hey, I had a family emergency pop up and have to go to Florida for a few days. Can you handle the game alone? You'll have to work a little faster than usual.

"Fuck." I cursed when I saw the text.

Royalty: Yeah, I'll be ok. Let me know if I can do anything to help you.