0.5

Royalty's POV

Today's Wednesday and the Suns' first game against the Sacramento Kings. I am so nervous. Kelly told me how gameday should go, but I still don't want to mess anything up.

"I'm nervous as hell Lay," I told Layla as I drove to the Talking Stick Resort Arena.

"You'll be fine Ro. I know you're a great athletic trainer and if you need anything, you have Brixley, Kelly, and Devin." Her voice sounded through my car speakers.

"Kelly and Devin are not gonna help me." I laughed at her. "They have to play."

"Oh trust me, Kelly will be there for you." She said and I laughed. "Is Jordan coming to the game?"

"No," I sighed, "He said he doesn't want to see me helping out a bunch of other men."

"Fucking prick." I heard her grumble.

"Hey, easy tiger," I warned her.

"Ro, you're not in love with him. Why not leave him? You have a stable job now and can afford your own place. If anything, you can stay with me. I have plenty of room." She told me and I sighed.

"Can we talk about this later, Lay? I need to focus on the game." I asked as I drove.

"You can't put this off forever, Ro." She told me and I sighed.

"I know," I replied quietly.

"Anyways. I love you and I know you're gonna kill it tonight." She spoke, making me smile.

"Thanks, Lay. Love you too." I told her as I got off at my exit.

"And kiss that hot ass, Kelly, for me." She told me and I laughed.

"Ha, not going to happen." I shook my head at my best friend.

"Well, it should. I'll talk to you later lovie." She said as I turned into the parking lot of the arena.

"Talk to you later, Lay," I told her before she hung up.

I pulled up to a security building and told them who I was. They showed me where I was supposed to park. I pulled into the parking lot and parked beside Brixley. I waved at her before I turned off my car and got out.

"You ready for your first game?" She asked as she stepped out of her car.

"As I'll ever be." I laughed as I grabbed my purse.

"You'll do great. It's just like practice." She told me as we walked into the arena.

I followed her to where our athletic trainer's office was in the arena.

"This is it." She said as she unlocked a door and flipped a light switch on. My mouth dropped at the huge room. It was definitely the size of both of our trainer's rooms combined.

"This is huge," I said as I put my purse in a cabinet.

"Yeah, we have to work in one room for games so they gave us a huge room to share. Thankfully, the other teams have trainers, so we only have to treat the Suns." She told me and I nodded.

"Now, we have to grab our stuff and make our way into the locker room. During game day, we mainly treat in the locker room so the players don't have to walk back and forth." She told me as she packed me and her a bag full of supplies.

"Ok, sounds good," I told her and she handed me a bag full of pre-wrap, tape, ice bags, scissors, and much more.

We grabbed our stuff and made our way into the locker room.