1.9

Royalty's POV

I sighed as I laid in bed and watched How to Get Away With Murder. It has been 2 days since I got fired and I don't even think I have gotten out of bed since then. Kelly has been texting me and checking on me constantly, but I haven't answered any of his texts. I groaned as my phone dinged again.

Kelly: Royalty

Kelly: Are you ok?

Kelly: I'm sorry for how I acted.

Kelly: Please answer me, Ro.

Kelly: I know the headlines look bad but I promise I'm gonna set the record straight.

What headlines? I quickly went to my safari and searched for Kelly's name. I groaned when I saw the most recent headlines.

Breaking: Sun's Athletic Trainer Fired After Having Rumored Affair With Kelly Oubre Jr.

Former Sun's Athletic Trainer Fired For Sleeping With Kelly Oubre Jr.

Sun's Have to Fire Staff Member Due to Affair With Kelly Oubre Jr.

NBA Player Caught Having Affair With Athletic Trainer

I groaned as I read the multiple stories saying that I used my job to get to Kelly, that Kelly cheated with me, and so many other lies. I threw my phone down in my blankets and went back to my show. I couldn't even bring myself to look at my phone right now. I went back to watching Netflix. I was in the middle of my episode when there was a knock at my door.

"Yeah," I said as I paused my TV.

"Hey, you have some visitors here for you," Layla said as she peeked her head into my room.

"Who is it?" I asked as I sat up in bed.

"You'll see." She said before she disappeared behind the door.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her before two big figures walked into my room.

"What in the hell are you two doing here?" I asked as I looked at Devin and Jalen.

"We came to check on you." Devin started to say but Jalen cut him off.

"And you look like you're giving Homer Simpson a run for his money." Jalen pointed at me and I flipped him off.

"Jalen did you come here just to make fun of me?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"And make you laugh." He said and pointed at me.

"Well sit down," I told them as I patted my bed.

"Have you seen the news recently?" Devin asked as him and Jalen sat down.

"You famous now sis." Jalen sat beside me and threw his arm over my shoulders.

"Unfortunately." I sighed as I looked between them.

"Kelly explained everything to us. We're so sorry for what happened." Devin said and I nodded.

"Who else knows?" I asked as Devin scratched his beard.

"To my understanding only us, Kelly, Brixley, Coach, and James." Devin shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Then how did every sports drama paper thing find out?" I sighed in annoyance.

"None of us leaked it and neither did Kelly," Jalen said and I nodded.

"I didn't think he would," I spoke as I looked at Devin.

"He told me that you guys got pretty heated the other day," Devin told me and I nodded.

"Yeah, we were both angry about me getting fired and decided to take it out on each other," I spoke softly as Jalen rubbed my shoulder.