0.6

Royalty's POV

Last night after the game was a struggle. After the game, I went home and thank god Jordan was asleep. I couldn't sleep at all last night. All I could do was think about Kelly. Why did he try to kiss me? Why would he want to kiss me? He's Kelly Oubre Jr, probably the prettiest human on this earth right now. He could have any girl at the snap of his fingers. Why would he want me? I'm just his athletic trainer. I was up most the night tossing and turning. I ended up packing for our trip to Denver at 3 am last night because I couldn't fall asleep. I also showered and shaved. It's crazy what you get done when you can't sleep. After I packed and showered, I just decided to watch Friends on Netflix until I fell asleep for a few hours. I sighed as I woke up to my phone ringing.

"Hello," I groaned without even checking who was calling.

"Well, good morning to you." I smiled when I heard my best friend's voice.

"Good morning bitch," I said as I laid in bed.

"You have the day off don't you?" She asked as I turned over onto my back.

"Yes, up until 4 today. We leave for Denver at 5." I told her as I played with my curls.

"On that note, get up. I'm picking you up in an hour." She told me and I looked at the phone like she was crazy.

"Um, thanks for the heads up. What are we even doing?" I asked her as I sat up in bed.

"I'm picking you up. We're going to brunch. You're telling me all about Kelly and Devin. We're going shopping, and I'm taking you to the airport in hopes that you'll introduce me to Devin and Kelly." She gave me a run down.

"I'll see you in an hour." I smiled as I pulled my sheets off me.

"Yes!" She squealed in my ear. "I love you."

"I love you. I'll see you in an hour." I told her before I hung up.

I smiled as I hung up. I sighed as I made my bed before I walked into my bathroom. I groaned when I saw my reflection. My hair was a mess. It was all frizzy and my curls were separated. I looked pale and I had dark bags under my eyes. I sighed as I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. I started my morning routine. I opted to just straighten my hair since it'll be a big poof all day if I don't. After I fixed my hair I put on makeup and tried to make myself look slightly awake. I put on my deodorant, lotion, and perfume before I walked back into my room. I packed the stuff that I used to get ready before I changed into this.

I was packing up the rest of my stuff when Layla texted me that she was here

I was packing up the rest of my stuff when Layla texted me that she was here. I made sure I had all my stuff before I wheeled it all out into the living room. I furrowed my eyes as I saw no sign of Jackson. I was about to walk out but I heard a door closing behind me.

"Where ya headed?" I rolled my eyes when I heard Jordan speak to me.

"I have to fly to Denver with the team tonight," I told him as I turned to him.