1.8

Royalty's POV

"Have a seat Royalty."

I sat down and sat my stuff beside me. My heart raced as the three figures stared at me.

"Royalty we've heard some rumors about you floating around recently." James started, "We're going to show you some pictures and we need you to be totally honest with us."

He pulled out a folder and started pulling out pictures. My heart dropped as I looked at the pictures of Kelly and I. Pictures of us kissing in the gym last night, pictures of us standing by my car, and pictures of us kissing in my office. I couldn't breathe as I looked up at their glares.

"Royalty, is this you and Kelly Oubre Jr?" James asked and I nodded slowly.

"Are you and Kelly having some type of relationship or affair?" He asked and my breath got caught in my throat.

"It was my idea. Kelly didn't do a thing. I came onto him." I explained as they all looked at me.

"I admire your selflessness Royalty but you have been made well aware that a nonprofessional relation with any of the players is against the rules," James told me and I nodded.

"I have and I accept the consequences for my actions," I spoke as I made eye contact with Brixley.

"James, you don't have to do this. She is one of the best athletic trainers we have ever had." Brixley spoke up.

"It's ok Brix. I made this choice." I told her and she looked down at her lap.

"I am sorry Royalty. Rules are rules. I am afraid I will have to let you go. Effective immediately." He told me and Brixley and Monty both looked at him.

"James, we have a game tomorrow." Monty objected.

"I'm sorry Coach but we cannot have this type of behavior around our players." He told them and then looked at me. "Royalty go pack your things. It has been a pleasure having you on the team."

"Thank you, guys. I love this job more than anything and it was a pleasure to get to work with you all. I am so sorry I let you guys down." I nodded to them as I stood up.

I shook their hands and I started to walk out. I tried not to cry as I walked to my office. How could I be so stupid? I should have been more careful. I walked up to my office and pulled my plaque off the door frame. I took a deep breath as I walked into my office. My heart sank when I realized that this is the last time that I will be in this office. I sighed as I grabbed the cardboard boxes that were already in my office. I started taking the pictures off of my desk. I sniffled as I pulled a selfie of me, Kelly, Devin, and Jalen off my desk. Kelly had it printed for me. I was working on pulling my degree off the wall when there was a knock at my door.

"Hey," I smiled when I saw Brixley.

She gave me a look and opened her arms. I cried and ran into her arms. I cried and my body shook as she held me.

"Hey, it's ok." She spoke softly as she rubbed my back.

"I'm s-sorry I lied to you." I sniffled as she hugged me.

"It's ok. I would've done the same thing." She told me and I nodded.

I was about to say something else but I heard another voice.

"What's going on here?" My heart dropped when I heard Kelly's voice.

My head shot up to see Kelly, Devin, and Jalen looking at us.

"I'll leave you guys to talk," Brixley said before she walked out of the room.

"Ro, what happened?" Kelly asked as he stepped closer to me.