1.5

Royalty's POV

"You have to admit, the way that Devin was looking at me last night was so cute," Layla told me as I fixed my curls.

"I wasn't paying attention, sorry," I told her as I pulled up half of my hair into a bun.

"Oh my god, it was so cute." She said making me chuckle.

"If he says anything about you tonight, I'll let you know," I spoke as I touched up my makeup.

"You should send me a pic of him in the ice bath." She pointed at me and I laughed.

"Absolutely not, I could get in a lot of trouble." I pointed at her before I put someone lipgloss on.

"Oh my goodness, why do you guys have so many rules?" She groaned as I walked into my room to get my outfit on for the game.

"Beats me," I told her as I changed into my shirt.

"I mean c'mon, the whole no trainers dating players thing is so annoying." She said as I finished changing.

"I know, but it is what it is." I started putting my jewelry on.

"What would happen if you and Kelly got caught?" She asked and I played with my rings.

"I'd probably get fired." I looked down at my feet.

"What about Kelly?" She asked as she sat on my bed.

"Probably a fine. I don't know." I said as I grabbed my purse.

"That's bull if he doesn't get some type of punishment. It takes two to tango." She spoke as we walked into the kitchen.

"I wouldn't let him take the blame, nor would I want him to get in trouble for it," I told her as I fixed myself a bottle of fruit water.

"What would you do if someone found out?" She asked as she sat on the counter.

"I don't know honestly." I told her before I spoke again, "I don't think we'll get caught and we're taking extra precautions not to get caught."

She nodded and tossed me my keys, "Well, just be careful."

"I will. I love you Ma." I said as I hugged her.

"Love you Ma." She said as I walked to the door.

"Aight, I'll see ya tonight," I told her and opened the front door.

"See ya." She called before I walked out.

I walked out to my car and got in. I started it and started playing music. I just jammed out to my music as I drove to the Talking Stick Resort Arena. Today's game day and we're playing the Hawks. I think it's gonna be a really fun and high energy game. I just listened to music while I got off the exit that goes downtown. I sighed when I finally pulled into the staff parking lot. I parked beside Brixley and got out. I showed a few security guards my badge before they let me in. I said hey to a few people as I walked to the trainers' room. I knocked on the door twice before I walked in.

"Hey, hey." I smiled when I saw Brixley.

"Hey Royalty." She replied as I threw my bag in a cabinet.

"You ready for tonight?" I asked as I started filling my trainer's bag.

"I am it should be a good game." She spoke as she focused on what she was doing.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the way she was acting. She was being oddly quiet and short with me. She's usually a lot more friendly and open to me. Maybe she's just having a bad day. I finished packing my bag and threw it over my shoulder. I sighed as I sat on a training table and waited on Brixley.