0.9

Royalty's POV

I groaned as light shown through the window of the guest bedroom that I was staying in. I sighed as I turned over and covered myself with the blankets. I slept for a few more minutes before I heard a knock at the door. I sighed as I sat up in bed.

"Come in," I spoke as I fluffed my curls.

"Morning Mama," Layla said as she walked into my room with a plate of food and a glass of water.

"Morning, you didn't have to make me anything," I said as she sat down on the side of the bed.

"Oh please, anything for my girl." She spoke as she handed me the plate. "Let me see your neck."

She touched the bottom of my chin and made me lift my head up. "Damn, he did a number on you."

"Does it look worse than it feels?" I asked as I took a small bit of the eggs she made.

"How does it feel?" She asked as she laid her hand on my legs.

"My throat is sore and it hurts to touch my neck," I spoke as she gently ran her fingertips over my bruised skin.

"Your voice is kinda raspy. Do you have to work today?" She asked as she watched me pick at my food.

"Yeah, at 3," I said as I took a drink of water.

"Do you think you should take off?" She looked at me and I shook my head no.

"It wouldn't be fair to the team and it would help get my mind off what happened last night," I told her as I sat my food aside. It was great but my throat was just too sore.

"Well let me at least check you over." She said as she scooted closer to me.

She pulled out her phone and shined the light in my eyes.

"Ok, your pupils aren't dilated. Have you been nauseous, dizzy, hallucinating, or been light-headed?"

"Not really," I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Do you have difficulty swallowing?" She asked as she looked at my face and neck.

"Kinda." I watched as she examined me.

"Drooling?" She asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No." I looked down at her.

"Voice cracks?"

"Yes,"

"Changes in behavior?"

"No."

"Difficulty peeing?"

"How do you know all this?" I asked as she sat up.

"I looked it up before I walked in here." She told me and I chuckled lightly.

"I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine. I promise." I told her and she nodded.

"Should I go back?" I asked making her look at me like I had 4 eyes.

"Fuck no. Are you fucking crazy?" I'm sure that if I wasn't in pain right now, she'd try to smack me.

"I didn't mean it like that." I told her as I touched her shoulder, "I meant should I go back and get some of my stuff. All I have is clothes from a 3-day trip."

"Still, fuck no." She told me and I sighed. "I am not letting you anywhere near that woman abuser. Look at your neck, that shit isn't happening again."

"Yeah, I know but what should I do about clothes?" I asked and my voice cracked making Layla chuckle.

"Wear some of mine. We're basically the same size." She told me and I sighed.