chapter 25🖤

Assalam alaykum lovelies.
Yes it's a double update!!!

A/N: VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!

Yesso because I love all of you..... And because y'all contributed to UNFORGETTABLE gaining 5.25k reads!!!!! Oh my God I'm literally in tears. Your reads mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!!!

And inshallah I'll try all I can to update regularly.

And also, I'm thinking of taking some chapters off and editing them then I'll publish them again. So do you think I should complete the book before editing or I should start editing while I'm still writing?

But personally I think it'll be better to edit when I'm done because editing will alter some plots and I think it'll be better for you all to reread the book after editing.

Please your opinions are needed just kindly state yours in the comment section.

Now back to the story....

Who likes the progress MunaOur is making?!?!?!

Read on...
Stay safe...

*****

Munaar's POV.

An RV bus was waiting for us at the airport, we all got into it and some porters helped us load our luggage.

Tho the exterior was explicit, inside it was very beautiful like a mini home.

We all made ourselves comfortable, and the journey from the airport to Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi began. I must say I immediately got so giddy because it's one of my dreams destination, I've always wanted to go there. Since we learnt about it as one of the existing wildlife conservation areas in Nigeria, in biology.

We passed through the ancient city of Bauchi. The entire road network from Bauchi to Yankari was single lane each way. The roads were paved with minor potholes along the way. There were several security check points and our driver spoke Hausa to the security folks who let us through without incident; our van's luggage compartment was checked briefly only once at one of the check points.

The terrain was Savannah grassland and the vegetation was green and lush due to the weather. We took notice of the architecture, with some mud huts and houses still existing, deeper into our journey. We crossed a handful of bridges driving within Bauchi State , the rivers and streams were full during this time of the year in August. The population along our route was sparse.

Bauchi has a lot of hills and small mountains. The small farms along the roads were mostly for sustaining the families and not for export outside of the state.

The first gate into the reserve is about 50km before the camp and the guest accommodations. At the first gate we paid the entrance fees: N200 for children and N300 for adults, N500 for camera use, N1,000 for camcorder use and N1,000 for our vehicle. It was quite cheap to me.

We arrived at the Yankari resort at about 2:30PM fairly exhausted. The camp was clean and there weren't a lot of visitors when we arrived. Which was to my delight.

Ashe squealed when we saw baboons and warthogs roaming around the camp ground. We had been forewarned that the baboons were mischievous and would take foods or items left unobserved. I can't wait

I understand from the resort staff that there is a 64-bed hostel on the resort but mostly made available to students. We observed other posh-looking accommodation which were gated. We were told that these were made available to government officials ..... Nigeria mehnn....although they were also available for rent to guests when not in use by government officials. One building by the resort's museum supposedly has 5 suites and a swimming pool and is available for N200,000 per night.