2.2

"The wound that Marina's death has left in all of us will take a long time to heal. I need your help to achieve it." The redheaded woman spoke. "From all of you. Guzman, I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through." she turned to him.

"That's right, you can't," he replied, his stare fixed on the floor. "And now imagine that every day in the hallway you have to keep running in the person that caused that wound." he looked up at her.

"Samuel isn't the one to blame," she answered.

"If Samuel hadn't come to this school... If he and his fucking brother had stayed in their shitty little village, none of this would ever have happened." he spatted angrily.

"Your father got him the scholarship," she commented calmly.

"You're the one that renewed it, why?" he shouted.

"He's a good student. It wouldn't be fair," she replied.

"Fair?" he asked wide-eyed, he got up staring at the principal. "Marina is dead. My sister is dead at 16 years old. Is that fair?"

I gripped Lu's hand as his words impacted me deeply.

"From now on, just so you know, if you talk to that vermin, you are dead to me! It's me or him," he shouted to the class.

"This isn't about taking sides." the principal reminded him.

He turned to her. "Yes, it is. And you have already chosen yours."

The awkward silence was interrupted by Valerio.

"Please, one question."

Azucena rolled her eyes desperate. "Valerio... is it important?"

"Sure. Isn't there supposed to be a welcome party or something else?" I shook my head at his being inappropriate.

"Do you think we are in the mood for a party?" Azucena asked ironically.

"Look at these faces! It's precisely after something as awful as this that these people need to have fun." I would have facepalmed myself.  "To have fun, dance, drink..."

***

We all were looking at Valerio in the hallway, playing with Polo.

"Why didn't he go back with his mother?" Ander asked as he leaned on the door.

"She doesn't know what to do with him," Lu answered. "She packs him off to our dad until a few months have gone by, and he gets fed up and sends him back. It's been this way for years," she explained.

"It must be tough," Carla commented, looking away from her phone. "When your parents are divorced and they send you back and forth over the Atlantic like a tennis ball."

"Yeah, sure. It's the first day of term and the guy already wants to party." Guzman said, still looking at Lu's brother.

"Oh, Guzman. You talk as if you didn't know him." I scoffed. Lu nodded in approval.

"I'm going, by the way," Lu said referring to the party Valerio had organized. "Someone has to make sure that when he passes out in a drunken coma, he at least has a cushion to fall onto, and his wallet in his pocket the next morning." I high-fived the girl.

"I'm going too." I shrugged.

"Now you are the big sister?" Ander asked after her comment.

"With Valerio? She always has been. Even Isabelle. Remember how jealous we used to get about all the time they spent together? What for? He's hopeless." I felt Ander's stare burning on me when Guzman mentioned how they used to get jealous of us.

***

"Isabella, wait, wait!" I felt a hand grabbing my wrist making me stop in the middle of the hallway. I rolled my eyes, I was so stupid to believe that I could have avoided him all day.

I sighed before turning to him. "Ander..." I murmured. "We already talked about this." I looked up at him.

"No, please. Listen to me. You are one of the most important people in my life, I don't want to lose you like this. Not after what we have been through." he begged me, his brown eyes on mine.

"You already made your choice, Ander. Learn to live with the consequences of your actions." I gritted my teeth at how stubborn he could be sometimes.

"I love you, Isabella."

"I don't think Omar would be very happy to hear it you say this to me, wouldn't he?" I spat in his face. I was able to pull away from his grip, before walking away, leaving him in the middle of the hallway alone.

My babies! It hurts my heart to see them apart. :(
Comment and vote, as always, for soon updates.

Xoxo