2.10

"Does throwing a party right after a murderer has threatened us all seem normal to you?" Carla asked sarcastically after we all had received Rebeca's invitation to her Halloween party.

"You are going to stop living your life because of that?" Guzman stared a the vending machine, waiting for his snack. "We are going to that party."

"Baby.." Lu interrupted him annoyed. "Really? Do you want to go back to your old house? I don't know. I think it's creepy." she commented.

Guzman punched the vending machine making me jump. "We are all going. And we'll have a great fucking time, and if Nano comes near anyone, I'll smash his head open," he announced.

"Did you think I was kidding earlier?" He asked as he saw our shocked faces.

"Damn..." I whispered as he left the room.

***

I looked proudly at my reflection on the mirror. For Rebeka's party, I had chosen something traditional yet sensual. The devil, complete with horns and a pentacle drawn on my chest, all of it united with my personal touch: a black leather corsage, black shorts, fishnet stocking, and knee-high boots.

"That's my little devil!" I squealed at Polo's comment. "You look hot as fuck," he whispered in my ear as he side-hugged me.

"You too, Mr. Kennedy." I joked, fixing his tie. "Cayetana, you look amazing too," I said trying not to make her feel unwelcome.

"Okay, guys, drinks, ice, and food over there. Coats, condoms, and vices are here." Rebeka approached us with a fluorescent costume.

"I'm fascinated by your den," Lu commented from beside me. "I can't tell the difference between the Halloween decorations and the ones you have up the rest of the year."

"It's pretty fascinating. I'm sorry it's not all spick-and-span." I grinned at their little fights.

Lu rolled her eyes before dragging Cayetana to the bar counter to get a drink.

I rolled my eyes as Omar ran to Rebeca and hugged her with confidence, Ander behind him with his arms crossed on his chest. He looked good with just a pair of gold boxers but Omar was awkward or maybe it was just my resentment towards him that made me think things like that.

I eyed the curly-haired boy up and down before grinning. He pointed at me. "Don't you dare." I covered my mouth, the laughter starting to be evident.

"How did you let yourself end up like this?" Polo laughed from beside me. I looked at my friend and we both laughed at his comment.

"He looks amazing," Omar commented.

"Are you sure you're totally gay?" I looked at the interested boy with furrowed eyebrows, that intrigued me.

"Isabelle, I don't think you know Omar," Rebeka said, introducing him to me.

"Oh trust me, girl. I know him enough." Omar looked at me uneasily, probably guilty but I didn't care, not really.

"Fucking hell..." Samuel laughed as he saw his friend's costume. "Which drag queen are you meant to be?"

"Rocky horror show," he explained making me roll my eyes. I needed a drink to get out alive that night.

"A bit too much horror."

I know it may sound selfish and bad saying this, but deeply I was glad Ander was so down and uncomfortable dressing like that, you know, some sort of repaying after what he had done to me.

"What about me?" I smirked at Samuel, showing him my costume. He cleared his throat a few times, checking me out.

"Isabella, wow, you... you look beautiful," I smirked as I got the reaction I wanted. I neared him taking his hand.

"Come dance with me," I ordered before dragging him on the dance floor.

***

I rubbed my arms due to the chilly breeze there was in the garden. The air in the house was suffocating and creepy thinking that it was Marina's house and everything that happened.

"Isabella." I turned around seeing Omar waling to me.

"Omar," I faked a smile, not really wanting to see or talk to him. "What can I do for you?" I asked hoping he would have walked away after that.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry." He breathed heavily.

"Listen, Omar, I'm not in the mood to deal with this shit." I was exhausted by all that situation with Ander.

"No, wait, please. It was wrong what we did and I'm truly sorry for being the cause of your separation. But he still cares about you, you know that?"  I didn't know what to say, the guy was very confused and hard to read.

"He does. And he's going through a very hard time, he doesn't want to tell me but I think you'll be able to crack his shield."

"Why are you saying this to me? Isn't he supposed to be your boyfriend?" I asked rhetorically.

"That doesn't change that you are an important part of his life," he finished before returning to the party.

"Can I join you guys?" I asked as I saw Ander and Guzman sat on a bench, smoking.

"Of course, milady." Guzman bowed ironically as I sat next to them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked curiously, they were the animals' party.

"I broke up with Lu," Guzman whispered, taking a puff.

"You did what?" I almost yelled. "You're so stupid," I shook my head, wondering how heartbroken the brunette was.

"Can I?" I asked pointing to the cigarette. He handed it to me and I took a puff, felling almost immediately relaxed.

"What about you?" Guzman asked seeing my stressed expression. I shrugged not really wanting to say it in front of Ander.

"You? Not in the mood for being a stripper?" I nodded to Ander.

He laughed. "It was Omar's idea. Suddenly he went camp and turned into a drag queen. I'm so freaking sick of it." He took the cigarette from me and smoked.

2 updates in less than 24 hours! Be proud of me, guys!!
Sorry about this chapter but it's kind of a passage chapter! The juicy story is coming by the way!!

Xoxo