2.18

"Good morning, everybody. Everyone sit down, we're about to start." The teacher said as we all took our seats and prepare ourselves for the exam.

"You didn't sleep well?" I asked Carla as the teacher instructed us about putting books and stuff like that away. She turned to me, a lost expression on her face.

"Not really, I couldn't sleep." She muttered fidgeting with her fingers.

"Something's on your mind?" I asked. She shook her head turning her attention back on the teacher. I looked at her one last time before walking to my desk.

"Samuel's not here." She spoke.

"And do you know if he is late or is he sick?" the teacher asked.

"He is never late because if the pizza arrives cold, he doesn't get paid." I rolled my eyes at Guzman's comment. "And he's not sick either. Otherwise, he would have called 100 times saying 'please sir can you postpone the exam, I don't want to miss it."

We barely even had the chance to take the exam when police officers entered the school, the inspector who solved Marina's case was with them and in a little amount of time, she was once again in our company, in the classroom where we should have had the exam. Only one thing was clear: Samuel was nor sick nor late.

"What we know so far is that Samuel's bike was found yesterday in the forest. There was no trace of him. We are going to be carrying out a search this evening to try and find him or any clue as to his whereabouts. It would be good if any of you could come along to help." The inspector said to the class. Samuel had been missing for more than a day.

"But do they think he's dead?" Guzman asked bluntly. "Are we looking for a dead body?" he continued as we all looked at the woman waiting for answers.

"Our hope is to find him alive." I put my face into my hands, concerned about that situation. I felt a hand reach for my knee, squeezing it in comfort. I looked at the boy next to me through my fingers.

"Everything will be alright," Ander whispered.

"He's obviously dead," Guzman muttered as the inspector finished her speech.

"Guzman." I whispered-yelled.

"You don't know that," Carla replied staring at the void.

"They found his bike smashed up in the forest." He stated facts. "This wasn't a normal accident. Someone wanted to get rid of him."

"Someone like you, for example," Valerio suggested. "Nobody wanted him dead more than you did."

"if I had done it, I'd give myself up to the police today with my head held high, don't you think?" he sassed back.

***

"Do you think one of your classmates could have something to do with Samuel's disappearance?"

"Why are you asking me that?" I leaned on the chair in front of the inspector in the bright classroom.

"I've heard that you and Samuel got closer this months, maybe you know something." She assumed.

"Listen, Samuel is a great guy, wouldn't harm a fly. I'm as surprised as you are of this. And by the way, we simply fucked, nothing less, nothing more."

"Are you sure? I don't think Samuel would have beat up his brother just for a chick he was sleeping with."

"How is this even connected to his disappearance?" I asked annoyed by the stupidity of her questions. "I'll just make myself clear: Nano tried to attack Carla, I intervened but I obviously wasn't enough so Samuel helped us. That's it.  Can I go now?" I asked. She nodded as I got up and left the room.

***

We walked into the woods, flashlights in our hands as we tried to find something in that dark place, the place where Samuel was last seen. Screams echoed between the trees, all regarding Samuel's name, his mother trying desperately to find him.

"Inspector!" Omar called her as he ran towards us. "I found something." He panted earning our attention.

We all followed him to where he had found a clue, against a tree there was a jacket, Samuel's school jacket. The inspector leaned down, gloves on her hands and examined the substance on the piece of clothing. Blood.

***

I got out of the red car as we entered the big mansion. I looked around my surroundings, the green trees and the bright sky. I walked next to Guzman as we entered the big garden behind his grandparents' mansion, where Marina's grave was, a lavender flower placed on her white grave, her name in gold stood out from the bright background. We stared at it, no word was spoken, no movement was made, we were just looking at it, at the place where my best friend and his sister was buried.

"Do they miss me?" a voice turned us to reality. We turned around, a scratched Samuel was standing right behind us.

Here I am, once again!!
I'm deeply sorry for the amount of time that has passed, I'll try to post more often these days. Season 2 is coming to an end, only a few chapters left!
Enjoy

Xoxo