Chapter Eight

I stand there, mixed emotions ran through my whole body, I didn't know how to react to that. My brothers eyes dart to me, a flicker of regret flashes across Rocco's face.

"Evanna he didn't mean that" Blake blurts, his eyes searching my face for a reaction.

"I'm uh going to head to my room" I say, my voice sounding hurt.

It's weird, my family life has never been perfect. It's been very far from perfect and even though I have only been with my brothers for three days I felt part of the family. I thought maybe this time I would get lucky and have a loving family who cares for me. What Rocco said really hurt me, I just couldn't understand why he said that, I had down nothing to him.

I walk upstairs, a large lump forms at the back of my throat and I choke out a sob. I run into my room to make sure nobody would hear my pathetic cries. I shut my door and slide down in, placing my head between my knees and begin to silently sob.

"Evanna, are you okay in there?" a distant voice calls, knocking my door softly.

"Yeah I'm fine" I reply, trying to sound normal.

"Are you crying?" they ask.

"No I said I'm fine" I snap slightly.

"Are you sure?" they say.

"Yeah, I'm good" I reply.

I silently sit still, listening for the sound of my brothers footsteps to disappear. Once I was positive he had left, I got up and walked into my wardrobe. I stare at myself in the mirror and immediately burst into tears again. Why was my life like this? Why me? Couldn't I just have a loving family who loved me?

I look up to the sky "Why did you leave mom? I needed you then and I still need you now" I whisper.

A pair of strong arms, wrap around my tiny body. They lift me onto my feet and pull me into a tight hug.

"Evie, he didn't mean it! I promise you he didn't mean it" Grayson's voice says.

I knew he meant what he said, i could tell my the tone of his voice and the amount of anger that radiated from his voice. It pained me to say it but I knew.

"Evie talk to me" He adds.

"He did mean it though, I could tell" I reply, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"No, Evanna I promise you. He did not mean it" Gray reassures.

I shrug my shoulders not knowing what to say.

"Vincent, wants to talk to you" He says softly "Sort yourself out and come down bambina" he adds kissing my forehead.

Grayson walks out, giving me a few minuets. I look into the mirror once more, wiping away my tears. I walk over to my bedroom mirror and open it, trying to cool down my blushed face.

I build up the courage and decide to go downstairs. I cautiously walk down the stairs, careful not to walk into anyone. I couldn't deal with bumping into someone right now. I walk towards the kitchen when the familiar voices can be heard.

"Rocco, what the hell were you thinking?!" I hear Grayson question.

"What?" he replies.

"She is upstairs, breaking down because of what you said" He snaps back.

My cheeks immediately blush again.

"Well she better grow up then, life's not all sunshine and rainbows" Rocco replies

"Yes and she most certainly knows that! Her mother killed herself, Evanna found her. Do you know how hard that must have been for her? she's fourteen" Grayson shouts.