Chapter Nine

This chapter mentions eating disorders, please take care when reading :) - Billie.

I sit awkwardly at the dining table, no body spoke a word, the tension starting to rise.

"Soo Evanna, want me to give you that tour after dinner?" Grayson asks, breaking the silence.

"Yeah sure" I reply.

He nods, poking his fork at his dinner. The room falls back into silence. I glance at everybody, Vincent sat at the head of the table, typing rapidly on his MacBook Pro, uninterested in anything else. Grayson stares at his food, not bothering to eat anything, he continues to poke at it. Blake, stares into space, chewing on his food slowly. Rocco keeps his head down, not bringing it up at all. Xavier rubs his neck due to the uncomfortable atmosphere and Xander is just normally eating his food, looking slightly confused.

"Evanna, your birthday is soon isn't it?" Blake asks, placing a piece of haddock into his mouth.

"Yeah, it's in a few days" I answer quietly.

"What do you want?" he asks, his food spitting everywhere.

"Blake, manners" Grayson shouts slightly, smacking the back of his head.

Blake rolls his eyes, swallowing his remaining food.

"Sorry, what do you want?" he asks.

"I don't need anything" I reply simply.

It was true, I didn't need anything. I was used to getting nothing on my birthday anyway, just another card with maybe five dollars in, I didn't mind either.

"Suck up" Rocco mumbles, although we all heard it.

Vince brings his head up from his laptop and sends a glare to Rocco, who immediately shuts up and looks back down.

"No Evie, you need something" Grayson smiles.

"It's fine, honestly" I shrug "I don't need anything" I add.

The boys just nod deciding there is no point in pushing. I look down at my food and sigh, once again I'm stuck here with a huge portion of food that I don't want to eat.

The large plate is filled with a mixture of fries, steak and peas.

I pick at it with my fork, debating on whether or not to eat the whole thing and just exercise later. I decide to eat most of it but exercise like crazy when I go see the gym later.

Once again the table flows into the unnatural silence, everyone sits awkwardly avoiding the gaze of others in the room.

The kind old lady who I had yet learnt the name of cane in to take my brothers plates away.

Vince clears his voice and turns to me.

"Evanna, you have not properly met Julia yet but she is our maid. If you need anything you ask her and I'm sure she will get it for you" he says seriously, I could feel the nerves filling the ladies body.

"Yes, of course" she speaks a strong British accent appears "anything you need my dear, I'm sure I can get it" she adds, with a gentle tap on my shoulder.

She begins picking up everyone's plates but stops at mine. She looks confused and tilts her head.

"Are you finishes miss?" She asks.

"Oh uh yes thank you" I reply lifting my plate to her.

Grayson sends me a look which I pretend I don't see, he gets up and stretches.