Chapter Seventeen

Today is Monday, there was something about today that didn't feel right. Like something was gonna happen.

I make my way downstairs to find my two eldest brothers dressed immaculate in luxury suits.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask.

"We have a business meeting, it's around an hour away" Grayson explains.

"cool" I nod.

I grab an apple from the fruit bowl and sit at the table.

"Blake is going to be picking you up from soccer later, but if there are any issues, message one of us" Vince says, tightening his tie.

"Okay, I will" I nod.

"Bye Evanna, we will be home later on tonight. Behave for Blake and no sneaking around" Vince says, seriously.

"Okay" I nod "bye Vince"

"Bye Evie" Grayson says, hugging me tightly and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Bye Gray" I wave.

The pair leave and I'm left in the care of Blake while I wait for Rocco, Xander and Xavier to come down.

Things with Rocco and I are still extremely awkward. We haven't really spoke since the whole incident last week. I still couldn't understand why he was acting like a dick.

Finally Rocco, Xander and Xavier arrive ready for school.

"Andiamo Sorella" Xander says.(let's go sister)

I stare at him confused, I have no idea what he just said.

"Let's go" Xavier repeats in English, a amused look on his face.

I get up and grab my bag, I follow my brothers out to the car and sit in the back with Xavier.

"How's your ankle?" Xavier asks.

"It's fine, still a bit sore" I reply.

"Good" he says "also I thought you were learning Italian" he adds with a smirk.

"I am" I answer confused.

"Well home come you don't now what Andiamo was" he asks.

"Because we haven't learnt that yet" I laugh "we've only learnt how to say our names and how old we are" I explain.

"Tell is then" Xander speaks up, looking through the mirror.

"What?" I say.

"Tell us your name and age in Italian" Xander repeats with a smirk.

"Um okay" I pause, thinking of what to say "mi chiamo Evanna e ho quindici anni" I say (my name is Evanna and I'm fifteen years old)

Xavier raises his eyebrows in surprise

"molto bene" Xander says (well done)

"That means well done" I point out with a smile.

"Your pronunciation was spot on sorella" Xavier says giving me a small clap.  

"Haha thank you" I say.

"No problemo" he replies.

We reach the school and I give my brothers a bye. I walk over to my friends and we head to our first period.

I still had that awful feeling like something bad is going to happen and I don't want to jinx myself but my gut instinct usually turn out to be correct.

I shake my head, I'm probably just over thinking.

I walk into my first period with Violet, we have Italian. Today I'm very determined to learn a lot because impressing my brothers earlier felt great. If I learn more today I can show that off to them when I go home.

"Buon giorno classe" our teacher says. (Good morning class)"today we're going to learn some terms to do with jobs" she says

She walks over to the large white board and writes down the words 'capo' my mind immediately flickers to the third floor. My brothers had this next to their names. That meant they were the bosses.

I smile, maybe these Italian lessons will be very helpful.

—-

It's the end of the day and I'm currently walking to soccer practice. I decide to take the short way, through a small alley which led to the back of the school.

As I walk through the alley way, my heart race quickens. You know that feeling where you feel like someone's watching you. Well I have that now.

Before I know it my body is slung onto the ground with a thud. Max kneels in front of me with a devilish smirk.

"What do you want?" I ask nervously.

"You're gonna pay for what your brothers did to my father" he seethes "he's fighting for his life and so will you. Picolla cagna " he adds (little bitch)

"I had nothing to do with it though" I cry.

"I don't care. You are part of that family so you will pay" he spits "This is for my father" he announces.

Countless blows and kicks hit my body, I just lay there, numb. Thoughts whirl through my head, is he actually going to let me live or am I going to die? There's a plus to both I suppose, if I die at least I will see my mother once again and if not I mean I survive.

However there's also negatives to if I die, I will no longer see my brother and they will most likely grieve. I will no longer be able to laugh and joke about boys with my best friends again. I will never get a boyfriend...I doubt that would happen anyway. I will just become a memory and soon forgotten.

To be completely honest, the thought of death didn't scare me. I always believe that whatever happens, happens for a reason. It was the thought of how my family would feel when I'm gone. My brothers only recently got me back and I know that meant the world to them, well most of them, and I'm sure it would kill them to lose me again. Permanently.

My eyes soon grow heavy, the pain is unbearable. Just before my eyes close I pray that this will not be the last time I close my eyes and that I will wake up again. My eyes close and I begin to lose consciousness.

---

My eyes blink open, a wave of pain submerges my body. I wince in pain as I roll onto my back. I move my eyes around to look at my surroundings. I'm led on the cold, hard concrete floor of the school, small puddles of blood dot across the floor. I want to move but everything hurts.

I lazily reach for my phone, I place it down in front of me and see three missed calls from each of my brothers. I look up at the time, its four o'clock. Training ends in fifteen minuets, meaning coach probably rung them letting them know I didn't turn up.

I am very thankful for having an iPhone at this moment because I can use Siri. I don't really know how this is going to work but I'm going to ring them.

"Siri, call Vince" I mumble, it even hurts to talk.

There is a pause and I hope that it is calling him, after a long few minutes Vince picks up.

"Evanna? why aren't you at soccer practice" he asks sternly.

I don't answer, it hurts to much.

"Evanna?" he asks.

"Evanna answer me right now" he says sternly with a hint of concern.

"Help" I mumble, my eyes starting to grow heavy once again.

"Evanna? where are you to?" he asks.

"School" I mumble once more, however it is barely audible.

"Evanna speak up, I can't hear you" he says.

My eyes close, and I drift out of consciousness once again.

——
Chapter 17 is done...
What do you think of this chapter? Thank you all for the support! I read everyone of your comments and it makes my day to see that people are enjoying my book.

Ignore any mistakes <3
- Billie :) x