Part two - Chapter Fifteen

A small shriek escapes my lips as the cold liquid seeps through my dress. I jump up out of my seat causing the remains of the bottle to smash and spill over the floor.

"Look what you have done!" Alfonzo shouts.

"Miss Valentino, I am extremely sorry!" The waiter exclaims "it just slipped out of my hand"

"Yes, well that has now ruined my nieces wonderful dress" Alfonzo growls "you can pay for the expenses"  he adds.

"S..sir I can't afford that" he mumbles.

"You can't afford?! I pay you enough fucking money" Alfonzo shouts.

Alfonzo then rises to his feet and grabs the waiter by his collar and continues to drag him into the kitchen.

"What a stronzo!" Blake says.

I glance around the table to see my family's reaction. All of my brothers jaws clench as they stare down at my dress.

My auntie raises a hand over her mouth in shock. My eyes then land on my cousins who stare at me, the youngest Rafael looks at me with a small smirk as though he is holding in a laugh.

"Can I uh go home"I ask, staring at Vince.

He lets out a small sigh and nods.

"I have business, so I'll come home with you anyway" he says, he then turns to the rest of my brothers "you boys can stay if you want"

My brothers nod and Vince stands up leading me from the table.

As we get by the door a loud bang erupts the building. I jump and flinch, immediately getting near Vince.

"Vince what was that?" I ask.

"Nothing Evanna" he says, dismissing my comment.

"But there was a bang" I say

"Yes and it was nothing Evanna" he replies.

I nod not wanting to push this conversation further. However deep down I know it's not nothing and that, that 'bang' was a gunshot.

Vince leads me out of the resteraunt and into one of cars, he opens the door and allows me to get in.

That's one thing I have noticed with all of the men in our family, they are all very respectful. Even though their job involves killing for a living, they are true gentlemen.

Vince makes his way to the other side of the car and gets in. He starts it up and we take the drive home.

The drive home is silent but a nice silence, Vince wasn't one to talk anyways.

We pull up into the garage and Vince turns to me.

"Go and take a nice, warm shower" he says "don't worry about the dress, I'll get you another" he adds.

"Okay" I answer.

"Are you alright Evanna?He asks.

"Yeah, I'm just a little embarrassed* I reply with a small smile.

"There's no need to be" Vince says.

I let out a little laugh.

"Vince, that whole restaurant saw me. Even my cousins were trying not to laugh" I say.

"Your cousins? Even Matteo?" He asks.

"No just Rafael" I reply.

Vince places his hand on my shoulder, in a sort of comforting way.