Chapter Twenty One

VINCE POV:

Evanna has finally got home from hospital. The past two weeks have been a literal nightmare and I still blame myself for what happened to her. She's our world and I failed to protect her.

When she rang me that day, I instantly knew something had happened to her and when Blake confirmed it, it was like the world shattered around me.

Like the rest of my brothers, seeing somebody badly beaten doesn't bother us. We see it on a daily and we are usually the ones to do it however when I walked into that hospital I felt sick to the stomach. She looked dead.

Over the course of the past couple weeks I've been organising a 'deal' with a member of the Russian family. The family who beat Evanna.

Alek believes that we are meeting for a mutual agreement, he couldn't be more wrong. Blake, Grayson and I are going to ambush him. Make him pay for what his family has done.

Max has already been dealt with thanks to Rocco and the twins and from what I heard he is now in the hospital. The thought made me smile, people may call me cruel for enjoying that a child is in hospital but he's lucky to be alive.

The Russians will now believe there will be no second attack. This is why I decided to wait two weeks. They will not see this coming which will cause more of a shock.

——

I knock on Evanna's door, I pop my head through the door way. She sits up in her bed and sends me a smile. A smile of an angel, she really was a mafia princess.

"Evanna, Blake, Grayson and I are heading out for some business. Xander, Xavier and Rocco are here along with Julia. Remember call me if anything happens" I say.

She nods her head.

"What business?" She asks.

I sigh, I wish I could tell her all of it. However the less she knows the safer she will be.

"It doesn't concern you Evanna" I reply sternly.

"But-" she goes to speak however I interrupt her with a look which means 'do not pick this'

She sighs, laying back down.

"Okay, well good luck with your business" she says.

I nod, shutting her bedroom door. I walk up to my office, where Blake and Grayson are waiting.

"Are you ready?" I ask, grabbing a small handgun from behind my desk, just in case this goes wrong.

"Of course" Grayson replies.

"Right, I some men coming with us, just in case. They will stay clear though, until the business is done" I state.

They both nod and we make our way to our business car. We never used this car unless it's for business. It's a black Mercedes jeep which is armoured to the the max.

I never show emotion but I'm beyond excited. I can't wait to avenge my little sister and I can say the same for my brothers, especially Grayson.

He adores Evanna, and she adores him. I'd even go to say he's her favourite brother.

Out of our family Grayson is the least you'd expect to be violent. He is loving and caring, just like our mother was before she left. However if you mess with our family the devil comes out of him and you do not want to be involved in his wrath.

We drive up the long highway, three identical cars follow us, for protection. Not that we need it, it's just how our business goes. I turn to my Blake who is bouncing his leg rapidly, biting the side of his cheek.