Chapter Thirteen

I tense up and stare at the girls nervously. I didn't want the new boy to come over.

"Hey there" a low voice says, gently tapping my shoulder.

"Hi" I reply, with a small, nervous smile.

"I'm Max" he says, putting his hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Evanna" I smile, shaking his hand.

"Well it's very nice to meet you" he says "I was wondering if you could show me to the office" he adds.

"I - Uh yeah sure" I stutter.

I glance towards the girl, who are bouncing with excitement.

I take my birthday bag off of the floor and begging walking with Max.

"So where are you from?" I ask.

"Oh I'm from this area, I got expelled from my last school though" he says

"Oh really?" I ask

He nods "Where'd you live now?" He asks

"Not to far, around fifteen minutes away" I reply.

"Oh wait aren't you the Valentino's sister" he asks, nodding towards my brother.

"Yup" I say.

"My dad used to work for you guys" he says "he got fired though" he adds.

"Oh I'm sorry" I reply "I don't really know much about the business" I add.

A small smirk appears on his face, bus he soon hides it.

"That's fine" he says as we walk into the office.

"Ahh Mr Rodriguez" the office lady says, standing up.

I furrow my brows, he must have a wealthy family.

"Thank you Evanna, see you around" he says, giving me a wave.

"Bye" I reply.

I decide to walk to my first period as we only have around two minutes left. When I get there Violet rushes to me.

"Girl! You have to give me the detail" she shouts

"Shhh" I say to her, a few giggles escape my mouth.

"Sorry" she whispers "but still" he adds.

"Nothing happened. We just spoke" I answer, with a shrug.

"Girl don't lie" Violet says, tilting her head "something must have happened, did he ask you out?" She asks.

"Nooo!" I say "he just asked me where I'm from and stuff" I add

Violet frowns "I thought there would have been some tea" she says.

I internally cringe at the way she said 'tea'

"Nope no tea" I say.

The class starts walking in so Violet and I follow. I sit in my regular chair at the front of the class. Ever since I started this brand new school, I want to make a great impression on my teachers and make my brothers proud.

"Welcome to your second Italian lesson" my teacher Miss Davies says "today we will be learning some basic phrases to have a conversation in Italian" she adds.

Of course my brothers wanted to me take this, I'd didn't really have a say in it, but I didn't care maybe this would help me understand them when they speak Italian.

The school day flew by, I spoke to Max a few times but they were incredibly awkward and Violet didn't help matters either. She was constantly mumbling comments about him and I, which I did not appreciate.