Part two - Chapter Ten

Evanna's pov

I wake up, glance at my clock and groan, even though for the past 12 years I've been waking up at 6:30 for school. It never gets easier.

I really didn't want to go to school today, especially when Xander is in hospital. But my 'wonderful' brothers are making me go.

I head to the closet and pick out some leggings and a hoodie, I don't really care how I look today, that's one of the last things on my mind.

After getting changed a realisation rushes through my head. The mafia. I start thinking of the past year living with my brothers. To be honest I'm surprised I didn't figure it out myself, you know with the house in the middle of nowhere, the forbidden floor, the fear in the faces of people when they see my brothers.

A aspect of it does scare me though, I'm the 'mafia princess' (although I don't look like one) I'm the big target. I mean Max did almost beat me to death. I guess that's just what I'm going to have to deal with whilst living with my brothers.

I trudge down the stairs, my eyes glued to my phone, some how my friends found out about my brother and were asking me how I was. Surprisingly, even Carlo had messaged me.

"Morning" I say, walking into the kitchen.

The atmosphere today is awful, it just feels eery. Xavier once again is just staring into space, he is starting to scare me a little.

"Morning" Blake replies, throwing me an apple from the wooden fruit bowl.

"Thanks" I say biting into it.

I look back down at my phone and tap onto the messages. I sigh as I text back replies, if they know then it's likely the school knows and I can't be dealing with the questions today.

We all sit silently for around half an hour before Rocco speaks up.

"Ready for school bambina?" Rocco asks, grabbing his car keys.

"Yeah, I suppose" I nod with a sigh.

I follow my brother to the car and hesitantly get in beside him. Today is gonna be hard.

Rocco pulls up into the school parking lot and I get out.

"See you later!" He calls.

"Bye" I sigh.

I adjust my bag on my shoulders and walk towards the crowds of people who go to the school.

Violet runs up to me and engulfs me into a hug.

"How's Xander?" She asks.

I shrug "as good as he can be in a coma"

"Honey, I'm so sorry" she sighs "he'll be okay" she adds.

I nod and we walk into the school. Violet mentions that everyone is in the cafeteria so we make our way there.

As soon as I enter, I get multiple glances and stares. Guess I was right, the whole school knows. We continue walking to the table where all my friends are sitting, they all send me sympathetic looks.

"Are you okay?" Carlo asks.

"Yeah, fine" I reply.

He raises his one eyebrow but doesn't continue.

"So what happened to him?" Sophie asks.

I hesitate, am I suppose to let it slip that my brother was shot? I decide on lying, that's the best option.

"There was an car accident" I reply.

"That's bullshit" she says "you would be in hospital too, if it was a car accident"