Chapter 13

Luna: Destroyer Alert! Destroyer Alert! Residents, please evacuate. Adventurers please gear up and come to the guild.

Aqua: [Y/N]! Let's run!

[Y/N]: Run!?

Aqua: Let's run far away!

Megumin: The mobile fort Destroyer is not something we can fight against.

[Y/N]: What even is The Destroyer!?

Darkness: A raging ancient weapon. They say not even grass remains after it passes.

Kazuma: Let's go to the guild.

Aqua: Why!?

Kazuma: I can't let it destroy our home that easily.

[Y/N]: Hm...

Darkness: You're not gonna say anything?

[Y/N]: I'm not talking to him.

-w-

We were all at the guild as Kazuma keeps trying to talk to me but end up getting threatened. I stood beside Darkness and crossed my arms as I listen to what Luna has to say.

Luna: You are all this town's hope. We ask for your help.

Someone got beside her and explained what was happening as I look at the crystal ball that was showing the mobile fort destroyer. It was then shown that a burd was killed while flying in the air.

[Y/N]: Poor birb.

Darkness: birb?

Female Adventurer: Um, wasn't the Destroyer made by the ancient magical kingdom? Didn't the people who made it prepare a counter-meassure?

Luna: They were the first to die when it went out of control.

I then scoffed and looked at the faces of every adventurer as I leaned on a wall.

[Y/N]: This is great. Something wants to destroy this town and it's going to kill us. This is truly amazing. Darkness, you think we could defeat this thing?

Darkness: I believe that's impossible.

[Y/N]: What makes you say that?

Darkness: It's The Destroyer. It's impossible to defeat.

[Y/N]: Hm. Aqua, you think you can take down the barrier?

Aqua: I won't know if I don't try.

Luna: You can take down the Destroyer's barrier!?

[Y/N]: Well, it's a maybe.

Luna: Still. Could you do that? Now, if only there was a spell that could damage it.

Random Adventurer: There is someone. Someone with firepower. And a few loose screws.

Random Adventurer 2: That's right there is one.

Random Adventurer 3: With a few loose screws.

We all then look at Megumin as she stands there looking at us.

Megumin: Hey! If you're talking about me, stop calling me by that name. If not, I'll prove to you right here how crazy I can be. Plus, I'm not the only one who could use an explosion spell.

Darkness: The explosion spell is the town's strongest weapon. How about it?

Megumin: Even with my explosion spell, I don't think I can kill it with one hit.

Everyone looks down as I was utterly shocked that they forgot I use explosion spell.

Wiz: Excuse me, sorry I'm late. I own Wiz's Magic Tool Shop. I'm a registered adventurer as well, so I came to help.