video games

Jeremy and I had decided social distancing be damned, neither of us had been anywhere the other hadn't. Plus, I think both of us were missing the normalcy of just getting to sit beside someone who didn't live with you.

"Where's the mine?" I asked, bumbling out of our house awkwardly. I've never played Minecraft before, sue me.

"Uhh, walk left, and then right, that hole? That's it."

"All the way over there?" I climbed up a dirt pillar, scanning the terrain, "There's a lot of water, I'm going to drown."

"It's all like, one block deep. You'll be fine."

"I have hydrophobia," I responded, beginning my trek to the mine. He snickered in response, I glanced up to his half of the screen to see him fighting a slew of zombies in some random mine.

"Shut up," he said, making his way back to the house. "Get back here, it's night."

"What?" Panicking, I turned around, only halfway to the mine. The sun was setting ominously, and I had taken so long just to get here. "Oh my God, I'm gonna die."

"You're fine," he laughed, "just come back."

"There's skeletons," I murmured, sneaking past them agonizingly slowly in the water. "And zombies..."

"Just run by them."

"I died."

"You what?"