Chapter 9

*This is mostly just dialogue between drunk Ivy and Jackson but i hope yous enjoy.

"No she's with me." Jackson says and so many thoughts fly through my mind, the main one being; what the fuck is he doing here? At a 24-hour convenience store.

I look down at his hands and he was holding a shopping bag, immediately I need to know what he has in it.

Oh, shit focus.

Jackson's here and so is the scary sheep man.

"Cole..." I whisper and he immediately asks what's going on through the phone.

"Are you sure dude?" Mr sheep says and I look at Jackson and tell Cole I have to go.

"I have to go, Jackson's here."

"Ivy James don't you dare hang up. You this drunk and an interaction with Jackson is not what you need."

I'm not that drunk.

I giggle at his words and ignore Jackson and Mr sheep's conversation. "Don't worry Cole, Jackson won't hurt me."

Jackson's eyes find mine and I look back at Mr sheep. "I will ring you later, or tomorrow if I fall asleep."

"Don't you dare sleep with him, missy. You're doing so good!" Cole shouts through the phone and I hang up on him.

Did he really think I'd sleep with Jackson? I am not that much of a mess. I have some dignity and control.

"Miss?" The scary guy says and I frown at him.

"I have self-control." I tell him fiercely but my words come out slurred. Oh haha. Tequila.

The stranger shakes his head slightly in confusion. "I said, do you know this guy? Are you ok?"

"Oh yeah that's Jackson." I say and nod innocently towards the both of them.

Behind Jackson was a shelf of cake and I grin at it, changing my soda to a less dented one and walking past them both to get to the cake.

"Are you sure you know him? She doesn't seem to be comfortable with you bro."

I look up at the talking sheep and the world spins a little faster.

And then I'm suddenly imagining the world spinning a little faster and laughing aloud at the fact if it did, I read that we'd all actually fly off it.

Like everyone would just poof off of the path.

"Oh sorry what?" I say suddenly realising they're both still looking at me. Grabbing a whole ass birthday cake off of the shelf I smile at the guy.

"Yeah I know him. He's Jackson. He doesn't like me very much anymore. But I promise he used to." I smile sweetly at the guy and he looks at me strangely. "Well if you must know, we had a big falling out because-"

"Ivy enough." Jackson says and I look at him confused.

Yes Sir.

Joking, of course I ramble on.

"But I'm trying to prove that I know you." I say and look back at Mr Sheep. "His favourite colour is forest green and his favourite film is sixth sense. He has two little siblings, Sophia likes me a lot but I haven't really spoken to Milo yet. I know that he draws and is really good, oh and he has a birth mark on his-"

"Ok, kid, I get it, you're in good hands. She's all yours." The man says to Jackson and walks away from us.

"I am my own! Thank you very much you big-"