Chapter 29

*I hope yous enjoy, sorta a filler, but also relationship building so... also any poetry used is not mine, it belongs to my lovely friend pinterest and perry poetry*

*remember to vote and leave commentssss:)*

Walking back around the corner I breathe easy as nobody catches my eye, everyone distracted doing their own little thing.

Max and Jayden are stood by the BBQ, Jayden had basically perfected this now, but Max always acts as his little assistant. Lucy and Nora and lounging in the pool on floaties and Luca and Cole are still throwing the ball back and forth to each other.

The others hadn't turned up, Jess and Kyle apparently had plans and well Aiden had other friends and a Job. And apparent Faye was distancing herself a little, like not in a way the evoked drama, just she started to hang around with other people for their school year and kind of split time between them and us.

"Hey, you ok?" Cole asks as I jump back in the pool.

"Yep." I smile and swim more towards him and Luca, trying to catch the ball going between them in the process.

This quickly turned into a game of piggy in the middle and before long I was laughing, spluttering water and distracting myself away from the fact Jackson was now stood with Jay and Luca watching me.

It's fine, we've always watched each other. No need to feel extra giddy now. Or extra uncomfortable.

I have no idea what I'm feeling.

Tired, I give up and actually so do they. Luca jumps out and Cole swims towards me.

"I like your friends."

"I like my friends too, and I like your friends as well." I smile and he rolls his eyes.

"My friends are your friends." He says referring to Lacey and Lincoln.

"Still. I do miss them."

"Lacey misses you too. Like having another girl around. Honestly, she's been trying to recruit people, it's hilarious. Everyone's just scared."

"Poor Lace." I smile, treading water and trying to scoop my hair into a pony tail. Which is almost impossible when you have wet hair. And it hurts a lot. I somehow manage to drop the hair band behind me and quickly spin around away from Cole's face, searching for it in the water.

My hand is still holding my hair up and Cole grabs it making my hair fall down back into he water. Turning around to him, I'm about to send him a glare but instead I start to panic at the fact he's looking at me knowingly.

He pulls me towards him and I let him, mainly because whatever he's about to say I don't want Lucy or Nora to hear.

"What have you been up to?" He whispers and I look at him pleadingly, innocently.

"Nothing I swear."

Cole spins me around so he is behind me and we're facing where Jackson and Jay are stood. I refuse to look up at them, Cole's close behind me but he isn't touching me, I know it probably looks as if he is though.

"So, ok. Let me get this straight. You went around the side of the house, then your not so ex, ex-boyfriend, follows you. And then you come back flushed and you have a slight graze on your back. It almost looks as if you've slightly grazed yourself against a wall. But no? Nothing happened?"

"Cole." I groan, embarrassed at the reminder and my eyes flick up to Jackson's. His eyes trained on my interaction with Cole.

"What did you do Nena?" Cole smirks and swims round to face me and I hide my face in my hands.