Chapter 42

"You look very nice." Jayden grins at me and I send him a thankful smile, awkwardly pulling down the edge on my skirt.

I sit down at the table and look around us, this was somewhere we used to go for dinner with his parents all the time, it always was nice.

A little strange that he said to meet here, but nice anyway.

Jackson dropped me off. He was less than impressed about the whole thing. There was a lot of convincing on my part that had to be done to reassure the poor boy that I wasn't going on a date with Jay.

I found it really funny, Jackson however isn't as easily amused.

"I forgot about this place." I smile at him and he looks around too.

"I like it honestly."

"What are you thinking about having?" I ask and look at the menu.

"Why are you even thinking about it, we both know you're going to get the lasagne"

I honestly was, this lasagne was to die for.

"It's restaurant etiquette." I laugh and hand him the menu.

"Do you want a drink, drink?" He asks and I shake my head. I was meeting Jackson after and well I'm not gunna meet him tasting of alcohol now am I?

"No thanks, but you can if you wanna."

"I think I need it." Jayden sends me a sheepish smile and I widen my eyes at his statement.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask and he shrugs, letting out a relieved breath when the waitress comes over.

"Hey I'm Katie, can I get you guys something to drink?"

"Yeah could we please get..." Jayden orders for us knowing my order off my heart and I quickly check my phone rolling my eyes at the fact Jackson hadn't replied to me yet. He was extra pouty today.

I lock my phone and look up at the really pretty red head and observe as she gleams flirtily at Jayden. I watch in amusement as she sends him all the signals, her eyes darting to me a little hesitantly and I send her a soft smile.

She smiles back at me, relieved I guess, and then walks away with our orders.

"Okay now I know there's definitely something wrong. She was gorgeous and you didn't even look at her."

"I looked." Jay croaks and I give him a concerned look. What is wrong with him?

"What is it Jay? You are honestly freaking me out."

"I kissed Nora. Or well we kissed. Well I kissed her and she kissed me back." Jayden says his eyes watching me closely as if I would react badly to him.

"Oh." I say carefully.

"I know it's weird and strange and I know that she's your best friend and obviously we have a history and I just thought I should tell you before I took It any further. Because I was the one that fucked up with us and I just, It's Nora." Jayden rambles and I slowly become more and more awkward.

Because I did not care if they got together it was fine.

But the fact he was telling me before he did anything with Nora, the fact he was so guilty over a kiss when I was literally sleeping with his best friend almost everyday made me feel really really bad.

"Oh god Jay." I mumble and he looks really concerned at my words.

"You're mad aren't you?" Jayden says and I send him a guilty smile, shaking my head at him.