Chapter 25

*HONESTY AND IVY STICKING UP FOR HERSELF. I HOPE YOU ENJOY- please let me know if you did lmao.*

Jackson was asleep when I sneaked out, I disconnected our hands, which he had reached for about an hour ago and crept down the stairs to greet Max.

"Hey." I say, my voice clouded with exhaustion. He had only been gone an hour but today had been emotionally draining.

"Hi. I think I got everything the doctor sent over for him. It was really fucking quick." He says and places the bag on the counter.

He starts taking out more bottles of water and more electrolyte drinks.

"Did you manage to find any Vitamin B?"

"Yeah, there's some in this." He holds up an orange coloured drink. "But I also got some capsules in case he couldn't hold the liquid down." 

"Thankyou Max." I sigh deeply and pull the bag towards me. Taking out two prescriptions, one was some medication to help his anxiety and one was to help him sleep.

"Is he still upstairs?" He asks and I nod.

"Asleep."

"How long for?"

"Pretty much since you left. Have you told anyone?" I ask.

"No. But I feel like I should tell Luca and Jay. I know you're most likely angry with us about not noticing, but I can't just not tell them."

"You could have told me." I say and he frowns in confusion.

"Three months ago, when you all thought he had a slip up. Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"You weren't here." Max says and tilts his head.

"I still existed. I talked to some one yous every day. My girls, Lucy, Jay. Why didn't anyone tell me? And then when I got back?"

"Ivy, I don't know what to tell you. Lucy didn't know because well, it sorta had nothing to do with her. Nora didn't have a clue and Jay well he knew you were doing good, that you had moved on."

"Moved on didn't mean I didn't care though? Like sure I wasn't still missing him but I would have come back and helped if I knew."

"Ivy you need to stop thinking about the what Ifs."

"He's just so poorly Max."

"I know but we are here now." Max says and sends me a reassuring smile. "He's not alone. You know where he is, what he is doing. You know how he's doing and you know that his parents are coming back to help him."

"I just-"

"I know." He nods and then pulls the bag back towards him. "I got us dinner as well. It's just a microwave meal but I wasn't that hungry and I don't know what food you like. I brought two thing that I like and you can just choose which one you want."

"Thank you, gosh I hadn't even thought about that."

"Neither did I until I was in there." He says and then nods at me. "You can go and grab your stuff if you want? I can stay here with him, I know you're most likely going to stay here until his parents are back."

God work, the school. Would my dad mind?

"Yeah. I'm going to wait until my dad gets home from school though, it's only two and if I go grab my stuff now he won't be home."

"Do your parents know about Jackson?" Max asks curiously and I don't actually know what he's asking.

"They know everything." I say and shrug. "Pretty much anyway."