2

2. Stakes, Protection, Cures

Klaus stepped in front of caroline involuntarily, the sense to protect her far outweighed the lingering feelings from the argument. His hand snaked behind his back to pull her jacket, simultaneously dragging the younger girl closer against him. The wind almost seemed to speed up, smacking against Caroline's eardrums violently, the swishing air announcing the presence of the unknown creature. The fledgling vampire feeling a creeping panic settle deep within her. Caroline doubted after all that had been said Klaus would protect her, and even if she herself was a vampire, the woman was far from his strength. Though the hand that still rested against her jacket said otherwise, told a different story.

The panic lasted very few seconds as a man started emerging from the shadowy forest in front of them. Leaves crunching and sticks breaking set an unsettling atmosphere throughout the woods. It was only heightened as caroline saw someone long thought dead. Her father.

"Thank you. Of the 3 massacres, this is the one I was dreading," The voice said, though caroline didn't recognize it. The pitch was deeper and more adverse, and Caroline could hardly picture her father's first words as he came back to the land of the living to be about the witches. No. This wasn't her dad. This was someone entirely different.  As though he could sense Caroline's confusion and fear Klaus took a step closer to the person, synchronously taking a step away from Caroline, mistaking her fear of the Father-Lookalike, for her fear of Klaus.

"Silas I presume." Klaus finally said, bring light to the situation and causing caroline to let out a breathe, "Though I am wondering why this choice of body." Klaus hadn't ever come across Bill Forbes, so this form confused him to no end. And Niklaus Mikaelson needed to know what was happening, he never left anything up to fate.

Before Silas could answer caroline stepped foreword, much to Klaus's dismay. As the original hybrid attempted to put his arm in front of caroline, trying to shield her from whatever attack the witch had planned, caroline slapped it away. Her fear being overpowered by the need to show Klaus she could protect herself. The need to prove herself

"I think she may know," Silas said, nodding his head in the direction of caroline and taking a step closer to her. Only 5 feet separating the offspring from the father. Klaus tensed at Silas moving closer to caroline.

"That's my dad." Caroline enlightened Klaus through a very shaky voice, even if she was mustering all her courage caroline couldn't shake the dread that covered her, nor the leftover tears from the argument that only seemed to reappear at her father.

"Correct, now I will leave the two of you once I get the cure." The man said, turning his head towards Klaus, a look that challenged the original to say no

"I'm sorry, mate. I don't have it." Klaus replied briskly. His eyes darkening from a light azure to a deep indigo. Silas took this look as a challenge, stepping a foot closer to the pair, causing Klaus to immediately push caroline inches behind him.

"But you know who does, and the last thing that you want is for that cure to be used on you, so you bring it to me, and it won't be. You get to live." Silas said quietly, deathly lowering his voice an octave and strategically placing his glance on caroline. This immediately catching Klaus's attention.

"Heh. Yeah. With all of my dead supernatural enemies from the other side. You know, you don't scare me, Silas, or, Caroline's dad, or, whoever you are," the Mikaelson challenged, stepping towards Silas, trying desperately to bring the man's attentions back to him and not the woman he fancied.

Silas gave off a deadly smile and a hollow laugh, one that lacked emotion except of an underlying mockery, mockery in which Caroline and Klaus both hated.

"I think I know what does" he continued, moving his hand to reveal a white oak stake. It was a simple white color that had cream spirals encasing it. The wood dented and caved at points and looked meticulously crafted. For once in his eternal life, since he killed Mikael, his non-biological father, Klaus Mikaelson felt fear.

"Now where did you get that?" He asked, biting the insides of his lip as a tick, one he acquired whilst keeping his cool around Mikael.

Caroline, who had been watching the exchange silently  noticed how Silas's body language had grown by an inch as he watched Klaus's demeanor change a fraction. Caroline noticed it too. And it terrified her. Not only the thought of herself dying, but the thought of Klaus dying.

"Well, let's just say your sister's mind is a little easier to read than yours. So... Care to reconsider my offer?" Silas in a flash grabbed Caroline's hand and pulled her flush against his chest. Klaus had tried grabbing her before Silas but missed by seconds. The man watched paralyzed as caroline was held with her back against Silas and her neck entrapped by his forearm. The stake placed purposefully at her lower chest and his hand gripping her belly's side.

"Why not use the stake on someone it would actually kill," Klaus growled, his eyes flashing an intense yellow and his vampire teeth carving through his gums.

"I intend to," Silas spoke in a whisper as Klaus came foreword to grab caroline, throwing her body to the floor as the white stake pierced his back, shoved messily between his shoulder blades.

"Klaus!" Caroline Shouted, scrambling to get up and catch his swaying body. The only thing keeping him upright was the stake that sat lodged in his body.

"I missed by an inch, but don't worry. I'm not trying to kill you, not just yet." Silas started, cracking off a piece of the stake and leaving it in him, "Just a little something to remember me by. I'll be in touch "

And then he was gone, leaving Klaus to lean against a tree as caroline ran over to him. Leaving the untouchable hybrid weak. A feat not managed by many.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please vote and comment to tell me what you think!"