10

10. Rooms, Sharing, Match

"Why do I have to knock?" Stefan crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at his friend's immature behavior.

Currently, Damon, Elena, Enzo, Bonnie, and Caroline were standing behind the car, refusing to go up to the door until Stefan did. They all had decided since Rebekah was in love with Stefan and Klaus was friends with Stefan he was the best candidate to convince them.

"Because we voted! now go!" Caroline yelled in a hushed voice, moving her hand to usher him up the door.

"You guys are such kids."

"Sorry not all of us are grandpas like you Damon and Enzo!" Elena giggled at the 3 men's offended faces, quickly high fiving Caroline and Bonnie.

Stefan walked up to the door begrudgingly and knocked 3 times until Rebekah was stood in the doorway, "What do you and your weird posse want?"

"Silas is coming to kill us if we don't give him the cure. We thought if we all stayed here it'd be safer for everyone." Stefan smiled to himself at Rebekah's messy blonde hair and pink pajamas.

"Fine, you can stay. The backstabbing bitch cannot." Rebekah threw a glare at Elena, who in response made herself as minuscule as possible behind Damon.

"Look Bekah if you want the cure to stay safe you should let us in." Caroline reasoned, pushing Stefan out of the way with her hip and standing in front of the Blonde Original.

"I don't want the bloody cure anymore. But I suppose I don't want Mikael to come back so come on in." Bekah sighed through her nose and opened the door, the group of friends quickly shuffling in and going to the living room.

The building smelled of expensive liquor and burning wood. A large kitchen was parallel to a living room along with smaller rooms lining a hall. Everyone moved back to the living room and into the large plush red couches. A red brick fireplace was sat snug in the middle and was burning with dark wood, smoke cascading up into the chimney. Everyone sat silently in the living room. Klaus, Kol, and Elijah nowhere to be found.

"Well, this is awkward." Enzo whistled under his breath, causing Bonnie to elbow him in the shoulder.

"Bloody hell, of course, it's awkward! I got my back literally STABBED by that mindless sleaze." Rebekah shot Elena a glare

"Where's the evil mastermind? We assumed he'd had a plan. Especially when Caroline's the one in danger." Damon gave his signature smirk as Caroline fidgeted nervously.

"I'm not his babysitter, not a clue where he is."

"Look it's late. We need should go to bed and discuss plans in the morning, ya know, the actual day he's coming to kill us." Elena yawned tiredly to accentuate her words.

"Okay well since this house was built for a thousand misfit toys room sharing is in order."

"Elema And I will take the one with the biggest bed." Damon winked and Rebekah pointed toward the upstairs

"Fifth room to the right."

"Enzo and I will share if it's absolutely necessary." Bonnie pretended to be disgusted but her cheeks dusted a light pink.

"Stefan and caroline it is." Rebekah's jealously was visibility covering her entire face.

"Actually, I snore a lot so maybe you and Stefan should share." Caroline desperately wanted to fix things with Rebekah, and so this was a start.

"I suppose that okay." But as Rebekah and Stefan walked up the stairs the blonde original threw her a smile and mouthed 'thank you'

Who could've thought the Caroline Forbes was the ultimate matchmaker.

-

All the support on this book warms my heart!