12

12. Chances, Couch, Crush

Caroline raced to Elena's room and pounded on the door, tears spilling over her eye's barrier softly. Her whole body was shaking in pure sadness. And she needed the comfort of her best friends.

"Blondie?" A drowsy voice asked, tilting his head and yawning Damon looked up at caroline with concerned eyes, "Woah what happened?"

"I need-" she was cut off by a sniffle, causing the blonde to wipe her eyes aggressively, "Elena."

Damon nodded and shuffled back into his room, Elena coming out after a hushed conversation.

"Awe Care come here," Elena Gilbert quickly ushered caroline into her arms, holding the girl tightly and taking Caroline towards Bonnie's room, "Let's Get Bonnie and then we can talk about it."

Rapping her fists against the door caroline continued her quiet sniffles as Elena barged into the room. Enzo immediately shot from the bed and grabbed Bonnie, his body in a protective stance, and his vampire teeth barred.

"Calm down it's just us." Elena put her hands up in surrender while Bonnie smacked Enzo's arm

"I can protect myself!" Bonnie whined tiredly, half heartily slapping Enzo's toned chest.

"With what powers Beautiful?" Enzo had taken to teasing Bonnie with his insufferably cute nicknames instead of Caroline ever since they started 'hanging out' even though everyone know that was their code for dating.

"The powers of my fist!" She smiled and rolled her eyes, whispering in his ear a sweet nothing before being abruptly interrupted by Elena.

"Bonnie! Focus! Caroline is having a  serious problem!" Elena grabbed Bonnie's hand and Caroline's and pulled them out the door and towards Rebekah's room after Caroline requested including the original blonde in girl talk.

What they didn't expect to see was Rebekah and Stefan cuddled together on the couch, Stefan snoring slightly and Rebekah's face nuzzled into his neck.

"Awe!" Bonnie teased, causing the pair to get up in startle, Stefan's face looking like a child caught in the cookie jar and Rebekah with a smug smirk.

"What the bloody hell are you stalkers doing?" Bekah hissed through sealed teeth.

"We have a girl talk emergency. So get up and follow." Elena explained, trying not to cower at the eyes of the angry original.

"Fine. Us girls have got to stick together I suppose." She groaned and threw Stefan a sympathetic look before walking towards the gaggle of girls and closing the door.

The group walked silently down the stairs and into the living room. Caroline sat snug between Bonnie and Elena, whilst Rebekah sat in the large red chair, her arms crossed and glaring at Elena.

"Look, Rebekah. I am truly sorry for what I did, it wasn't right and if it makes you feel better I actually really enjoyed hanging out with you." Elena smiled her innocent smile and gave her biggest doe eyes.

"Fine. Now Caroline can you please enlighten us to what my bloody wanker of a brother did so I can kick his arse." Rebekah gave a smile to Elena before zeroing in on Caroline's still crying figure.

"The problem is I don't know! W-we were becoming friends and then I ruined it! God, I tried to kiss him a few days ago and he ran! After all, these months of stringing me along Klaus had the audacity to leave me! And then tonight he tried to kiss me like nothing happened! So I slapped him and ran because I'm not some toy or conquest. I thought he cared about me but he clearly doesn't." Tears rolled down her crimson cheeks and splashed against the tissue Bonnie had so thoughtfully provided.

"Look caroline. That night Nik went out to ask you on a date. Then he saw you and Tyler and freaked. Trust me the minute he got come he practically tore apart his art studio!" Rebekah Informed, remembering her brother tearing up pictures and punching canvases.

"Caroline you know I hate Klaus, but even I can see how he stares at you." Elena wiped away the blonde girl's tears, "He looks at you like your the only girl on the world.

"I don't know Care. You know I love you but I just don't trust him." Bonnie saw the glares Elena and Rebekah produced and quickly added, "But clearly you do and maybe if you talk about it-"

"I'm done talking to him! What he did is inexcusable." Caroline assured them, though she was mostly assuring herself. She knew Klaus had made a mistake but was it worth throwing away the friendship they had built?

"Just give him a chance Caroline, that's all we're asking. I gave Damon one and I've never been happier."

"You saw Enzo and me! That man literally almost killed me the first time we met! But now he means the world to me."

"Caroline you'll never know if you don't give my Bugger of a Brother at least a chance to apologize."

"I will. But later, with Silas out to kill me, I don't need that stress. B-but um can I share a room with one of you." Caroline mumbled sheepishly, putting a strand of hair behind her ear

"Of course, Damon can just sleep on the couch." Elena grabbed caroline and led her upstairs, the other girls quickly following suit.

None knew the original hybrid had heard every word.

-

Gah I love Rebekah and Caroline being friends. It should've been cannon Periodt.