6

6. Cheating, Guilt, Desires

"Silas," Caroline growled, her crystal blue eyes turning into small slits. She stepped up to the man impersonating Rebekah, who was currently fiddling with a wooden stake. Caroline walked closer until she was face to face with him, fear bubbling deep within her gut but the urge to protect a helpless Bonnie, her best friend, even stronger.

"In the flesh." He smirked that sinister smile and reached his free hand to stroke Caroline's cheek, transforming into Klaus as he did, though she knew it wasn't the usual blonde dimpled boy because of the lack of heat that followed as he picked up his hand.

"I'm sorry to say, but you've been outvoted," Damon Shouted from the couch, slowly getting up to protect Caroline, his unlikely friend Incase he tried anything.

"It doesn't matter who the vote is for! Once I die you'll never have to deal with me." Silas's hands traveled lower to Caroline's wrist.

"But every supernatural creature I've pissed off will come back and surprise surprise it's a lot!" Damon grabbed Elena's hand and moved her behind him, Enzo doing the same with Bonnie.

"It doesn't matter," Silas Shouted, his mood clearly being changed from the lack of progress. Suddenly Silas's lips touched Caroline's ear as he whispered, "Your mind is far to easy to invade Love," the way he said the pet name was mocking. "I can feel all your inner desires, even the ones you try hardest to keep hidden. The ones including Klaus. I'm not sure your boyfriend would want to hear about them."

Caroline gulped and turned her head away, trying desperately to get the thoughts out of her head.

"Now you're hoping he's going to walk through those doors. And save you from yourself, save you from having to break up with your little boyfriend." He continued, running a hand through her hair before taking a step back, "You have 2 days before I kill everyone you love to give me the cure," Silas grabbed caroline and pointed his head towards her, "And I'll start with this one." Then he left.

Leaving Caroline to stand awkwardly in her place, a very confused friend group standing behind her.

-

Caroline closed her heavy eyelids as she let out an immense sigh, her fingers clicking the contact name she'd been avoiding for weeks, Tyler Lockwood, her kinda-boyfriend. The blonde had been meaning to break up with him (which had nothing to do with her ever growing feelings for Klaus, she assured herself) but she never felt the time was right.

Caroline Forbes sat on her bed feeling utterly troubled. Her feet were crossed like a pretzel and her hair was tied up to the nape of her neck, a green face mask pressed against her pores.

Clicking the CALL button Caroline listened to it ring 3 times before a drowsy voice answered, "Caroline?" Tyler asked, his voice tired and clearly irritated.

"Tyler! Klaus said you could come back for one day tomorrow " Caroline lied through her teeth, she knew Klaus had said the exact opposite the last time they spoke but she was almost positive he wouldn't find out. Besides once she broke up with him he would leave! "And I really need to talk to you."

"Fine." And then with a click, the phone was hung up.

-

Tyler laid down on his bed at the Appalachian mountains, a softly snoring brunette curled into his side. The hybrid never meant to fall in love with her. He never meant to hurt caroline but in his mind 'what she didn't know didn't hurt her' or at least that was what he was yelling at himself in order to get rid of the gnawing guilt that clawed through his conscious.

His phone rang and Tyler sighed, standing up and softly readjusting Hayley into a curled position against his warm pillow. Placing his lips against her head as he whispered an 'I love you' into the wolf's hair.

Walking out the door and into the freezing air that nipped at his nose and froze his exposed torso, Tyler looked at the caller ID. It was Caroline, his girlfriend that he desperately was trying to ignore. But knowing caroline she would keep calling until he answered and so after the third ring he picked up.

"Caroline?" His voice was drowsy, the cloud of sleep still looming over him like a thick fog.

"Tyler! Klaus said you could come back for one day tomorrow!" Caroline sounded so happy, but her undertone was unsure as she continued, "And I really need to talk to you."

Tyler didn't want to go around caroline, scared the guilt he'd been ignoring would come back full force, but he couldn't ignore the blonde vampire forever, "Fine."

He was going back to Mystic Falls.

-
I hope you enjoyed! Please comment how you like the story! Sorry that Klaroline hasn't been in the last few but it was necessary to move along the plot! Also for people asking about the plot line it will not be exactly the same as the original story, I hope that's ok!